DATING ADVICE FORUM

He says there's a future, but broke up

Author
    Comments

• Brokenhearted30
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 10:26 pm #138526
    He says there's a future, but broke up

My ex broke up with me 1 month ago due to political fights. We r bffs &went to prom together a week after we broke up as a last memory. Except prom was so amazing, we acted like a couple still, & couple of days later he said he didn’t want to push me out of his heart & still sees a future with me but the timing isn’t right. I feel the same way so I took a month off from seeing him i talked occasionally to him over text but today I finally wanted to see what the future would be like and he said he still just wants to be friends. I honestly don’t understand how you can stay in love and just be friends. I asked him whether he wanted to keep loving me romantically and he said yes and nobut honestly I need to know. If its a no I need to take a break from him for like a year, I can’t keep the friendship because I’m too in love with him. I don’t know what to do because he won’t decide and I think it’s a terrible idea. He says he won’t see another girl and we may or may not date in the future.

June 6, 2017 at 1:11 am #138538

He’s being wishy washy. I think the best thing to do is tell him just what you said here: if he wants to break up you will stop being friends as well. If he seriously does see a future with you he will fight for you. If he keeps saying he wants to be friends but not in a relationship you leave him. His true feelings will show themselves then. Plus this way you can get over him without being strung along.