He says there's a future, but broke up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 10:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brokenhearted30
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 10:26 pm #138526

My ex broke up with me 1 month ago due to political fights. We r bffs &went to prom together a week after we broke up as a last memory. Except prom was so amazing, we acted like a couple still, & couple of days later he said he didn’t want to push me out of his heart & still sees a future with me but the timing isn’t right. I feel the same way so I took a month off from seeing him i talked occasionally to him over text but today I finally wanted to see what the future would be like and he said he still just wants to be friends. I honestly don’t understand how you can stay in love and just be friends. I asked him whether he wanted to keep loving me romantically and he said yes and nobut honestly I need to know. If its a no I need to take a break from him for like a year, I can’t keep the friendship because I’m too in love with him. I don’t know what to do because he won’t decide and I think it’s a terrible idea. He says he won’t see another girl and we may or may not date in the future.

June 6, 2017 at 1:11 am #138538

He’s being wishy washy. I think the best thing to do is tell him just what you said here: if he wants to break up you will stop being friends as well. If he seriously does see a future with you he will fight for you. If he keeps saying he wants to be friends but not in a relationship you leave him. His true feelings will show themselves then. Plus this way you can get over him without being strung along.