He seems interested but might have a girlfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

maddiewilson
    Participant
    January 2, 2015 at 10:13 pm #69816

I met a guy at my college’s gym who initiated a conversation with me. We see/talk to each other almost everyday He’s 29,a grad student,and I’m 19. He SEEMED to show a lot of interest in me, would remember EVERYTHING I told him, would always ask me how my midterms or papers went, would look at me for a long time and smile/laugh at everything I said. He sends me texts saying have a good day/or good luck on your midterm, etc.& hugs me when he sees me on campus. Once I told him my hands were cold and he felt them, but kept his hands there longer than necessary. He never asked me out though.
    I did some FB stalking and saw some pictures from his family member’s profile. They were of him & a girl who lives in China (I went on her profile) So it’s a long distance relationship.She visited him and his family over the summer. He’s tagged in them but they’re hidden from his profile. Is he in a relationship? how can I find out without being too direct? Why would he never bring her up?

Lydiaheart
    Participant
    January 4, 2015 at 2:57 am #69847

Hi Maddie, I’d tread carefully with this one! There’s a big age gap and from what you’ve seen, it definitely looks like he’s in another relationship. Some guys are just flirts, and think with the wrong head! I would ask him straight up: do you have a girlfriend? if you really must know, but my advice? There are better fish in the sea!

sunny
    Participant
    January 4, 2015 at 10:37 am #69849

Agree with Lydiaheart’s advice!

Expat
    Participant
    January 5, 2015 at 1:28 am #69869

It could just be harmless flirting. He’s never asked you out, and he’s never made a move. Maybe he never intends to. He’s in long distance relationship and enjoys the physical interaction with someone of the opposite gender that he can’t get from his girlfriend. He’s not really doing anything wrong unless he takes it farther.