He thinks he isnt good enough

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BBGirl
    Participant
    November 10, 2015 at 4:07 pm #88275

So me and my boyfriend have been together for just over two years,so now im in my final year at college and he has finished and i always presumed that he would go on to university but he didn’t i asked him why and he said that it just wasn’t for him which i am fine with but i thought he would get a job he didn’t.He has always thought the world of me and loves me dearly and I him,we have always got on like a house on fire and he makes me so happy.however he is in to somethings which aren’t legal i have begged him and begged him to stop but he says that he has nothing else because he thinks that he isn’t clever enough,i have told him so many times he can do anything he wants to but he doesn’t believe me and the the other day he broke up with me out of the blue because he thinks he isn’t good enough for me and he cant give me the life that i deserve. i love him regardless of what he does i am just worried something will happen to him.how do i let him know he is more than good enough.

crzysteve
    crzysteve
    Participant
    November 14, 2015 at 2:26 am #88469

It’s a really tough situation, but I think you shouldn’t let him leave you. Just constantly be there for him, whether he wants you to support him or not, be the good influence on him that he doesn’t deserve. And if the illegal activities get bad enough(as in dead people), then alert the authorities and support him on his way to recovery. Whether that be prison or what-have-you.

All in all- stick with him: thick and thin.

Good luck and use discernment.

Anonymous
    November 14, 2015 at 5:45 pm #88488

Dont you think that your not good enough , God will be always be with you and His the only one who know knows the way you are whatever it takes..

cosplayingjuicebox
    cosplayingjuicebox
    Participant
    November 14, 2015 at 10:34 pm #88493

Just do what you think is right

JD123
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 8:41 am #88463

this could either be he genuinely doesn’t feel like he’s good enough, or he’s so caught up in his bad way it seems like a good excuse. if it’s #2 i wouldn’t bother. #1 though you need to keep trying. do not force him in to (or out of) anything though because that can cause resentment. pick up on what he’s good on and help him find something in life suited towards that. make him feel that a relationship with you would be so much better than anything else he can take/do etc

SadTurtle
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 6:03 am #88594

I agree with JD123. If he really is insecure you need to show him how much you care for him. He probably needs you in his life. Good luck!