He toyed with my emotions didn't he?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Springfairy
    Participant
    June 20, 2014 at 4:35 pm #55812

This guy at work has been real flirty.He has kissed my hand, held my hands, kissed my forehead, hugged me, told me he thinks I’m sweet, special and beautiful! He told me another co-worker suggested he and I should go out.He offered lunch on our break to me, He has asked if I had a boyfriend, has told me I should have a decent man in my life and if someone his age was too old for me.He finally said “How about going out with me” last sunday.I said yes, he gave me his number, didn’t want mine, but would get mine when I called him.We were suppose to meet on Tues.He never showed so I texted and asked why, he said his brother might be having a heart attack.I believed him, he asked if we could reschedule for this week.Said sure. I waited until today and texted to see how his brother was, he said “He is doing fine and is at home” I told him I was glad, he responded with “Yup, but now I got to go to work, keep me in touch okay?”

The keep me in touch part seems like he is not that interested.

Springfairy
    Participant
    June 20, 2014 at 4:41 pm #55814

-continued from first post-

He has rubbed my cheeks, called me sweetie, babe, held my hands.
    Told me if I need or want anything, including him, he’d be there for me, when I was ready to open up.

But the keep me in touch part, seems a bit cold.

I haven’t seen him since Sunday, since I’m part time, he’s full.Also didn’t text or call him until today, so I don’t know if keep me in touch, means keep talking to me or don’t be a stranger.

He works almost everyday, so that’s why I didn’t really text.

tsmaniandevil
    tsmaniandevil
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 8:48 pm #55862

OH MY GOODNESS THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME WITH A CO-WORKER! But i realized that he was after every new female employee that was in our age range and after that I just focused on work and stopped associating with him unless i had to on the clock. Other than that I stopped responding to his text and phone calls as well. Im not sure what “keep in touch” meant, sounds a little stand-offish to me if you guys were suppose to be dating. From the looks of it does seem like he only wanted to pay you attention for the moment. I think you should leave him alone because if he really wanted to pursue you he should be putting more forth the effort. I dont think you should waste your time unless he shows more improvement. Hope this helps!!

Springfairy
    Participant
    June 24, 2014 at 8:52 am #55966

Yesterday at work, I was going to clock in and he was standing there.I didn’t say anything.He initated the conversation, with hello how are you? I responded and asked the same.

Then he asked if I received his last text message, because I didn’t respond to it, so he was concerned I didn’t get it.I said yes, and that I’m glad his brother was fine.

He explained how his brother was doing.And he said, as long as I’m not angry with him, then he’s happy.he just wanted to make sure I wasn’t mad.He said “if my brother didn’t get sick, I most definately would have been there” Then he told me his two days off this week.Told him I was off the rest of the week, and he responded with “So I won’t see you until friday?” I told him probably not even on Friday cause my day is early.He said he’s open to going anywhere or doing anything on his days off.All I gotta do is let him know.
    And he said he hopes I text a little more.

Springfairy
    Participant
    June 24, 2014 at 8:52 am #55967

OH MY GOODNESS THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME WITH A CO-WORKER! But i realized that he was after every new female employee that was in our age range and after that I just focused on work and stopped associating with him unless i had to on the clock. Other than that I stopped responding to his text and phone calls as well. Im not sure what “keep in touch” meant, sounds a little stand-offish to me if you guys were suppose to be dating. From the looks of it does seem like he only wanted to pay you attention for the moment. I think you should leave him alone because if he really wanted to pursue you he should be putting more forth the effort. I dont think you should waste your time unless he shows more improvement. Hope this helps!!

I responded to this comment, but I’m not sure why my post isn’t showing up.
    Anyways, he showed interest again at work yesterday, he kept asking if I was angry with him, he said he wanted to make sure I wasn’t mad

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    June 24, 2014 at 12:36 pm #56045

I say if you feel good about it, you shouldn’t give up just yet. But, he has to demonstrate he really wants to date you by actually showing up for a date. Let him know when you can go out. If he shows up for the next date you have a chance to see if it could work. If not, then he’s definitely not interested.

braelle
    Participant
    June 24, 2014 at 12:51 pm #56060

What is it that you want when it comes to your relationship with him? If you want to date him or if you want it to be serious, play it cool and make it a challenge for him to get your attention. If you just want to be flirtatious with him, still just play it cool and be yourself. If he is genuinely interested in you it won’t matter what you do, things will just evolve naturally.

Caruna
    Participant
    June 25, 2014 at 1:19 am #56131

Hi Springfairy. It is hard to know exactly what his intentions were but he is most definitely going about this in a very flaky way. So this is pure conjecture but it sounds like he may be one of those people who needs his sense of self-worth affirmed by knowing that he could “have” you if he wanted to but does not seem very interested in an actual , Adult relationship.

Then again, its possible that he is just awkward with text messages but what raises my suspicions is the fact that he seems to be very affectionate in person and then seems to make no attempt to convey any feeling when you are not face to face . To me , this is an indication that you are not present in his mind when he does not see you.

Again, truly, I could be completely off the mark but either way, I think you should distance yourself from him. This will likely spark a new surge of affection from him but please don’t let him pull you in again with anything but definite plans.

I am sorry that he did this….

Caruna
    Participant
    June 25, 2014 at 1:23 am #56132

Continued…

Also its important for you to remember that this is no judgement or reflection on you. He is obviously attracted to you in some way else he would not have put in the energy in the first place. But the fact that he stopped there indicates a certain lack of sincerity or maturity.

Either way , the more you distance yourself (righteously and not with the hope that this will make him “come back” to you ) the better off you will be, no matter what happens.

I do not know why people enter the lives of others only to create confusion and chaos but I know some people who get off from this very thing (pick up artists etc who see it all as a game …)