he wants me to go on vacation with him…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    November 4, 2012 at 5:44 pm #15820

I like this man a lot but he’s insitant that I go on vacation with him to the Bahamas. We met a few months ago and have been on a dozen dates or so, but I don’t know if I’m ready to travel out of the country with him! What should I do?

Taylor55
    Taylor55
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 11:26 am #16276

He likes to travel-like me- it’s worth it! Go to the bahamas and enjoy the relaxation. I’m sure it could be scary because you just met him but try your hardest to see the biger picture. Life is short, don’t waste it!

OhReallyOReilly
    OhReallyOReilly
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm #17066

yea don’t take it too seriously! go for it, just be smart

Cook30
    Participant
    December 6, 2015 at 8:57 pm #89566

Agree.

n00631
    Participant
    December 7, 2015 at 1:09 am #89593

Agreed. If you don’t feel comfortable, trust yourself.

Rao
    Participant
    December 7, 2015 at 2:40 pm #89631

I agree

cat
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 2:18 am #90636

It would be a little fast for me as well. I also worry about your use of the word “insistent.” Trust your instincts.

lovememore
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 10:31 am #90649
    Reply To: he wants me to go on vacation with him…

If you trust him then go, if you feel hesitant then don’t go. You may be feeling something dangerous which is why you didn’t say yes right away.

BreathTHRUit
    BreathTHRUit
    Participant
    January 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm #92390

CleoKnows . . . It is an attractive, flattering offer. It is unclear what makes you uncomfortable. Guessing that ionce could be anxious to find themselves in unfamiliar territory without the foundation, resources, support system to assist if needed. I agree with the general consensus: trust oneself is one of the most powerful tools available.

I understand the offer. Many people see sharing vacation time as a test of compatibility. Experiencing a potential partner – and oneselves – in a new, exciting, relaxing environment away from their daily grind can be a great setting for romance. Equally important is getting to know the person well in their typical daily life. Behavior can be very different under the impact of life’s pressures, stressors, and commitments.

slave2end
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 6:56 pm #94662

i was offered to go away with my boyfriend. we have not set a date yet, but I think it will be awesome. it is his retirement home and I think I will fit right in. I can not wait

amorrow
    Participant
    July 11, 2016 at 6:41 pm #104912

Tell him to slow things down a bit…

forestrunner190
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 6:10 pm #110453

Don’t go if it doesn’t feel right for you. Expand on the dates with perhaps a nearby weekend getaway for starters if you want. I don’t think that a few months is enough time to really get to know someone well enough to put as much trust in them as needed for a trip out of the country. On the other hand, if you were comfortable doing it, I’d say go for it!

whoknows12
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 9:57 pm #110473

What’s giving you the hesitation? Think about this for yourself…. is it a safety issue? do you not trust being alone with him?

Or are you anxious that this could turn into something serious and maybe feel it’s moving a bit fast. A vacation can be a wonderful time to really get to know someone as you are pretty much together 24/7. If you feel safe with him and enjoy his company I suggest you go! Make sure to tell close friends and/or family too.

dddanse
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 7:43 am #121232

Here is the bottom line – for some reason you feel uncomfortable with the idea of going out of the country with him. Listen to your inner self. Maybe you can tell him that you are flattered but would rather wait until you get to know each other a little better and then you would be thrilled to accompany him on a vacation.

I tool a group of 35 seniors on a cruise on which I taught aquatic classes. There was a couple from another health club who came with our group. I did not know either of the people before the cruise. Within a day it was obvious that he woman was uncomfortable with the situation. Being alone in a small cabin can be difficult even when you are with a long-time spouse. I am sure that by the end of the week long cruise their relationship was over. I kept thinking that had they known each other a little better maybe the relationship might have survived or the cruise avoided.

I agree with the idea of taking a weekend trip somewhere first. That might help.

Alexander Williams
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 9:42 pm #121286

You should go on the vacation with him

1 2