He wants me to spend the night……already!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He wants me to spend the night……already!!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dunners2004
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 9:26 pm #129981
    Reply To: He wants me to spend the night……already!!

just say you would like to meet up and really enjoy seeing him. If he is being too pushy, back away

Infinity
    Infinity
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 11:51 pm #144705

Hello,
    This is the OP, reporting back 8 months later……
    He stopped asking me out. He was just another one-night stand wannabe.
    Next!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 9, 2017 at 12:25 pm #144751

UPDATE:
    Shoot there was a page 2 to this. I’m sorry to hear that it sorta appeared like what you thought (that he was pushing and the end game was to bed you). I suspected that but felt there wasn’t quite enough evidence yet. But .. yeah.. in the end.. TIME is always your ally if you take MORE of it in any situation to find out what’s what. I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out.

=====================================

Nothing new here – always do what your comfy with and makes logical sense to you and seems a natural progression to you.
    I wouldn’t call him “crazy” though or alterior motives yet (he may in fact be and have alterior motives.. i’m pretty sure he does – but this is NOT enough to confirm it yet).. Because just as i say “do what YOU are comfy with” – his “comfort” may be different. This is why dating is such a hard game now. We’re so individualistic that matching up on everything is very tough and rare.

So.. i wouldn’t break it off. I’d simply say, “i like you.. i enjoy our dates.. but perhaps we can talk about that or consider that down the road…”

The rest of the fill-in-the-blanks here is how has your interaction gone. Look to the rest of how he acts with you especially the mundane details to look for clues as to if this is just his comfort level, or if he’s up to something else (or just after something else).

Good luck.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by richiro richiro.

Participant
    August 10, 2017 at 3:18 pm #144920

Skimming through these comments… jesus… Have you people even dated before? Girl, after four dates its NOT NORMAL to sleep in his house. C’mon you barely know each other. And he’s insisting?.. Its waaaay to soon to go there yet. Get to know each other more. Honestly, If a guy asked me that after 4 dates i would tell him: HELL NO.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 11, 2017 at 3:33 pm #145085

there is no normal in dating.
    older daters would laugh at your comment that after 4 dates its abnormal to sleep together.

the golden rule for decades was “the vaunted 3rd date”.. (3 would be less than 4 dates btw)..

anyway.. sorry.. but your “normal” isn’t the norm.

jasmin469
    jasmin469
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 8:16 am #145226

What your sole says…Go for that not what your mind says….what I believe in this case….

1 2