Head vs heart

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Head vs heart

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ConfusedLad
    Participant
    July 28, 2017 at 9:58 am #143498
    Head vs heart

Ive been seeing two women for 4 months now ages (19) and (25). Was given ultimatum by younger one to make decision. i told her i wasnt ready. Ive realized im devastated without her in my life. I felt as though she livened my life up with fresh views and free spirit. She also provided the attention i personally crave. Problem is that on paper it seems like i shouldnt attempt. She is 6 years my junior, has fallen into bad crowd since she moved here 6 months ago(cousin only contact at the time and has sketchy friend), is in more of a typical house party phase, has never had relationship. i also found out she lied about doing coke recently. The other woman is my age, has career, and understands my not commiting yet (both of us had long relationships that ended recently). The problem being that while our conversations are better we just dont have that same chemisty and i dont feel as emotional about her.
    I KNOW one sounds better. BUT my emotions say take the chance with the young one. HELP

Elp92
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 3:08 pm #143559

Honestly Neither.. when the right person comes along both your head and heart will agree. We always crave the person that needs us, it’s almost like a drug. That feeling you get when you have someone that needs your help. You don’t want to be with someone just because the attention they give you, the young one isn’t for you, you don’t fit into her life and your brain is telling you that. As for the other one yeah, you guys are in the same phase of your life and you guys get along but if your heart’s not in it now, it never will be. That doesn’t mean you don’t like her it just means you guys aren’t meant for each other in that way. You should be with someone you feel strong about both in your head and heart not just one or the other.

kolbe001
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 5:02 pm #143735

in a similar situation and head is just a mess…

TIlesmith
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 10:52 am #143754

Elp92 said it best!
    Sounds like this younger woman is a mess, starting taking coke, sketchy phase? Doesn’t sound good. As stated above, when your head and heart agree, youve found the one. Life is too short to deal with messes