DATING ADVICE FORUM

Help boyfriend needs space and I have bad anxiety

Author
    Comments

• sorrycharlie
    Participant
    September 14, 2016 at 1:31 am #111303
    Help boyfriend needs space and I have bad anxiety

So I’ve known this guy for 7 years we went to college together. We lost contact for 5 years but in February reconnected via Facebook. He went to jail for 3 months and I admitted that I’ve always liked him. He felt we’d never work out. Eventually we decided to date. He kissed me and says kissing is difficult for him because he has to love and trust the person. He also said I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to him. He has issues with trust and he gets sensitive if i say the wrong thing. Like whenever we argue he says I deserve better and we shouldn’t be together. He also talked about marriage like where we should have the wedding. Recently I asked if he’d go to an event with me in town he said he wouldn’t cause he felt my mom wouldn’t like him and he can’t deal with rejection again. He then says I got to ask her what she thinks about me dating someone with a criminal record. I then said I thought those charges were dropped. He then says not all of them and says he’s

sorrycharlie
    Participant
    September 14, 2016 at 1:31 am #111304

hurt that I’d be ashamed of him. I then said I’m not. We argue back and forth then he says idk I’m blocking you for the moment and I was blocked on his Facebook. The next day someone texted me asking for money I thought it was him because it was his number asking. I end up wiring money to someone they said put it in his neighbors name because he lost his id I did it because I love the guy. Anyway my friend messages him to ask him about the money situation. He said that I was scammed by someone using his talkatone. My friend gets him to unblock me on Facebook. He tries to call me and I was working he says the money I sent was not for him. He said I was scammed. I readd him as a friend on Facebook he still hasn’t accepted the friend request I can tell when people reject it but he didn’t accept or reject the request. I ask if we’re still together he said no. Too much drama he’s going through too much. He thinks there’s someone better out there for me. He says we need to part

sorrycharlie
    Participant
    September 14, 2016 at 1:32 am #111305

ways and to please do it for him. I ask if he needs space he said yes. I really like him. One thing I have issues with is i fear of me having to be the initiator I fear that if I don’t contact the person I will lose them. I also get anxious. I have Aspergers a form of autism so I have difficulty socially as it is. If you were me what would you do? Do you think he’ll contact me eventually? How long do you think I should give him space for? Do you think we will get back together and work out our issues?