HELP! Confused after first date!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

taliakay
    Participant
    June 13, 2015 at 10:47 pm #80851

So I met a guy online. We texted for about a week. He was very engaging and interesting. He even called me once and since then he started to FaceTime me about twice a week and we texted almost everyday. So we went on our first date, it was great. I was so comfortable with him that I actually ended up sleeping with him, something that I never do. (I don’t even let most guys kiss me lol) He did text me once he got home and things were pretty normal at first. But since then it has being kind of weird, he doesn’t text me as much and he even if he does its just a Hi, how are you? and once I reply it doesn’t go anywhere. So I asked him straight up, if he’s still interested or not. So I can know where this is headed and move on if I need to. He said he’s still interested and he doesn’t want me to feel that way. But it’s been the same even after he said this! Our conversations are just boring and not as interesting as before, he’s not putting as much effort as he used to.

taliakay
    Participant
    June 13, 2015 at 10:50 pm #80852

He still hasn’t asked me on a second date. It’s been about 2 weeks. But he had work last weekend and we can only meet during the weekend cause we’re both busy and live kind far away from each other, so I was okay with that. But I just need to know what to do, just forget him or talk it out or what?I’m confused as to what happened.

rabijagga
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 8:52 am #81035

Hi Taliakay,Sorry you had to go through this.But then,why should your first date ended you in bed ?.That is not good enough.His mission was achieved.That is why he is no more bothered about you any more.No strong relationship can be achieved on a single dating.He had time calling you and texting even when he was busy at work.Being busy for me, is not a genuine excuse from him.Find a less busy day to have a serious talk with him,face to face of course.If there is no change after this,forget about him.Hope this helps.

johnnyboy95
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 1:54 am #81402

Im sorry, but i think he may of just been in it for the sex, but is continuing to lead you on either for more sex or he doesn’t have the balls to be honest with you.

Anonymous
    June 24, 2015 at 1:53 am #81527

Come on, man. You can do that.

Med
    Participant
    June 28, 2015 at 6:08 pm #81707

that’s so awful. he definitely wasn’t the one and you should ditch him.

yz456
    Participant
    June 28, 2015 at 10:07 pm #81710

Try having him meet you some where guys don’t always have to make the plans. If you can see him in person you can judge his interest better. He could just be a bad texter. He could also just be nervous that since you did sleep together on a first date that it might be difficult to top that.

xcaligirlx
    xcaligirlx
    Participant
    June 29, 2015 at 4:12 am #81713

Sorry it sounds like he just used you for sex, he is not the one for you.

Anonymous
    July 1, 2015 at 11:36 am #81880

i agree with the comments… the sex did it for him so now he doesn’t need to try as hard or bother anymore. best to talk it out with him to get clarity/closure otherwise let it go.

Anonymous
    July 2, 2015 at 9:33 pm #81952
    Reply To: HELP! Confused after first date!

hi taliakay, the effort your man is putting into the relationship is pretty piss poor. in fact, it sounds like he is making the least amount of effort just keep you hanging there as long as you allow him too which it sounds like you are. this is a great post on how to tell if he’s truly interested in you or not – http://www.createahappylovelife.com/howtotellhesinterestedinyou/

clueless
    Participant
    July 3, 2015 at 12:58 pm #81969
    Reply To: HELP! Confused after first date!

I think it depends on the guy sometimes. I have been out with a internet date that we ended up staying the night together but didn’t have sex. We went out many times after and it was electric. But in the end he didnt want to date me because I have kids. Something he knew before. I think if you haven’t really talked or seen him for two weeks then maybe he’s not going to go out with you again. If a man likes you he will stop at nothing to see you. 🙁