DATING ADVICE FORUM

Help deciphering "man language"

Author
    Comments

• CiaoBella
    Participant
    July 29, 2016 at 5:57 pm #106949
    Help deciphering "man language"

Met guy, been talking for 2.5 months. Connection is CRAZY amazing, and we’ve been texting daily like our life depended on it. I noticed he started to do things a little differently after about 1.5 months or so…less selfies, less GM texts, no more GN texts at all, then the daily texts started to get slower, and later sometimes, but we still always talk every day. Last Friday things got really strange, VERY delayed text (after work), then one day this week he didn’t respond. I received a text from the day after apologizing, telling me “he was overwhelmed and when he left work he shut down” then told me that he “is still adjusting to having someone to talk to daily since he hasn’t had someone like that in his life for a couple years”. Being a woman, I worry he’s lost interest. But tbh I don’t know what ANY of this means, esp. “adjusting”. Idk if it means he’s catching serious feelings and is getting a bit scared, idk if it means he’s met someone… What is the decoded man message here?

Gina71
    Participant
    July 31, 2016 at 4:51 pm #106986

Well, I am not a man but I believe he is interested. The consistent texting seems good. The honesty about getting used to having daily contact sounds reasonable to me and makes sense. It is sooooooo frustrating trying to figure out men and what they feel and think. He might be a bit fearful of feeling a lot for you so soon, but if he is still staying in touch and not dropping off the face of the earth for weeks at a time, it sounds like you can take a deep breath and relax. Try to enjoy the relationship as it unfolds. Good luck!!!