HELP! Does this guy like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DatingDoozy
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 2:40 pm #120878

So I met someone this fall at a work conference and we went on a first date after a lot of flirting via fb chat. The date was great, lasted the whole evening, and I got a goodnight kiss. After the date, we talked for a few days via text, but conversation dropped off and I was bummed out. Just when I gave up a whole month later, I was contacted and asked out again. I wish I asked what was going on, but I complied and he took me out to brunch, paid, and we had a great time. There was not much flirting going on during the date, but we both had a really great time. At the end, he did not kiss me, and I was really bummed out, I was very confused too. We texted a bit after and both said how much fun we had. I wish I asked if there was attraction– I feel chemistry. He just left for business trip in China for two months but wanted to see me first. I am SO confused!! My friends say if there was no kiss after all that time it’s a for sure NO, but I am confused!! Thoughts?

2017winter
    2017winter
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 7:42 pm #120910

I wouldn’t say it’s a ‘for sure NO’ and time will only tell. It’s hard to tell, especially since it seems you’ve only gone out on two dates? Once he gets back from his business trip, you should just ask him.

johnp
    Participant
    December 22, 2016 at 2:09 pm #120934

If you had just eaten, he may have been self-conscious about his breath. Or perhaps he is a little shy – you said the first date lasted the whole evening, so there was, presumably, some alcohol involved, which would have given him some dutch courage.

The only part of your story that’s making me think he isn’t into you is the month-long gap between the two dates. If I were him, I’d be embarrassed to ask someone out after that long, and would be sure to offer an explanation if there was some innocent reason for the delay. The good news is that he took you to brunch on the second date. If he wasn’t that interested he would have asked you to come over to his place, or taken you out for a drink. Those are the guy-moves on girls that they aren’t into, and just want to see if the girl wants to get intimate. That’s not to say all dates in bars are like that, but sometimes it is.

If I were you I’d just start dating other guys while he’s away – don’t wait on him for two months.

DatingDoozy
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 9:09 am #120931

I know I have got to ask :/ Just felt down that he didn’t kiss me the second time. Seemed like a step back.

DatingDoozy
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 1:05 pm #120966

Thank you! I appreciate that insight a lot!! I am for sure going to date others in the meantime. I just really felt a connection, so I will see what happens but not wait.

DatingDoozy
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 1:11 pm #120967

Is there any way to explain no kiss if he DOES have interest in me?

JDP96
    JDP96
    Participant
    December 24, 2016 at 12:36 am #120979

It sounds like he may be nervous, even more-so considering his job sounds very time consuming. Don’t be afraid to make the first move, not all guys have the guts. I wouldn’t say it’s a positive “NO” if he wanted to see you before leaving and he took you out.