Help! Embarassed after seeing Ex's friends. How do I get over it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bree B
    Bree B
    Participant
    May 16, 2016 at 9:09 am #100475

So my friend asked me to come out with her. Not thinking too much of it, I go, not paying much attention to how I looked because I just broke up with a guy I was dating and just wanted to be out of the house. Well, turns out, at the bar we go to, are all the best friends of a guy I used to date on and off for 4 years. He got engaged and married shortly after we stopped seeing each other. He just recently had a baby and ppl were passing the pictures around. He is doing really well job wise, and his wife is beautiful. Long story short, I am really happy for him and his new family, like genuinely happy. I’m not jealous because deep down I knew I couldn’t marry him, we are too different. I’m just embarrassed of the way I looked, and that I cared what his friends thought of me.(I was driving my old 1990 Volvo, which I love, but made a story that I needed to go home to change cars, and they all kind of made fun of me for that)I’m so sad and embarrassed that they had that effect on me.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Bree B Bree B.