Help! I don’t know what his intentions are!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 10:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jennabriltz
    Participant
    February 26, 2018 at 6:10 pm #166489

I met this guy about 3 months ago through a mutual friend, we hit it off that night & exchanged numbers. We texted a bit here & there, then he mentioned that he was doing renovations on his house, which I just finished on mine. I asked if he needed help, I ended up helping on & off for about 2 weeks but that turned into cuddling in his bed & watching movies, frequently. Our texts have gotten a lot more flirty since then as well.

Now it has been about 2 months, we text back & forth most of the week, the movies & cuddling has now turned into a 2-3x per week thing & we go out for drinks & wings sometimes too.

I really like this guy but I find it kind of strange that we haven’t moved past the cuddling phase yet, he hasn’t even tried to kiss me, hold my hand or anything like that. Im too nervous to make the first move but I’m getting confused, like are we just friends who cuddle? Because I eventually want something more, Im ok taking it slow but I need to know if he even likes me!

snoogans1981
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 1:08 pm #166596

Maybe he is unsure of your intentions, and some guys may need that boost of confidence and need you to be the agressor. if you like him you have nothing to lose really

LikeHoney78
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm #166628

I agree with snoogans, and think that perhaps he is afraid to make the first move. It almost seems like you’re already a couple, minus the sex and kissing. I would say that next time you’re cuddling, if you feel like it’s the right time, lean in for a kiss and see how he reacts. If he likes it, there’s really no problem. If he pulls away, explain that you just felt like kissing him in that moment, and apologize if you misread things, but that you enjoy your time together and felt that the time was right. Good luck!

olivia54
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 7:00 pm #166767

I agree with snoogans, and think that perhaps he is afraid to make the first move. It almost seems like you’re already a couple, minus the sex and kissing. I would say that next time you’re cuddling, if you feel like it’s the right time, lean in for a kiss and see how he reacts. If he likes it, there’s really no problem. If he pulls away, explain that you just felt like kissing him in that moment, and apologize if you misread things, but that you enjoy your time together and felt that the time was right. Good luck!

I completely agree with LikeHoney78, he’s probably scared which is alright albeit a little confusing on your part. Make the first move like subtly tilting your face towards his. Hope it helps!

cappygirl
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 8:22 pm #166769

I agree as well!