Help, I don't understand this guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 11:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jane201522
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 9:33 pm #170572

So I’ve known this guy for several years but I usually only see him once or twice every couple of years. His younger brother is my younger brothers best friend. His mom and my mom are good friends as well. A few weeks ago I ended up at their house for the evening by chance and this guy and I had a great time together. We were laughing and hanging out and having a blast. He is a year younger than me andwe do not go to the same school. He is very popular and athletic and yet he has absolutely no social media. So last week, he and his family came over to my family’s house for dinner. He was extremely hyper and basically bouncing all over the place (for example, he jumped off of the 5th step of my stairs and did a somersault). He sat right next to me at dinner and was constantly asking me questions about my house/decorations etc. He laughed at literally everything I said and he also complemeneted my room.

Loser13
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 9:09 am #170597

He’s probably into you. Some guys act differently while they’re around somebody they like. Considering he’s not on any social media sites he’s probably shy or likes to keeps to himself. I know I wasn’t that good at showing my interest in somebody I liked. In which case he may not tell you unless he knows for sure you’re into him.

I’m generally more reserved so i wouldn’t act all hyperactive but i would try to spend as much time as possible with the person I like. Are you into this person? Or is it just weird?

Jason93
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 10:01 pm #170603

I’m not sure what your question is. If you’re asking if he’s into then yes, he probably is. He’s was probably acting hyper and doing tricks to get your attention. His behavior at dinner is also indicative of his desire to get to know you better. If you’re interested in him, reach out.

vanillaicecream701
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 10:06 pm #170605

(This is Jane201522). My second post was cut off. I was asking if he is into me because I do like him. However at one point he brought up his ex-girlfriend (isn’t this an indication he doesn’t like me?). He indirectly gave me his phone number and texted me later , but our conversation was very brief. He has not texted me since- if he did like me wouldn’t he have texted? My concern is that he only sees me as a friend/family friend although some things he did would indicate otherwise. Am I reading too much into his behavior?
    Thanks for your comments.

rizmal
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 10:49 pm #170607

Definitely into you

Jane201522
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 9:05 am #170573

Also at one point he mentioned his ex- girlfriend ending with, ” I was really happy when she moved away”. Then we were laughing really hard about something that happened and I jokingly punched him which made him laugh harder. He then indirectly gave me his phone number and I texted him ‘hi’ and then he looked over at me and said ‘hi’ and we laughed (cheesy, I know). Then I was jokingly chasing him around and then they left. About 10 minutes later he texts me ‘lmao’ and we proceed to have a short discussion which endded with me saying ‘byeeeeeee’ and him replying with the same thing. I have not heard from him since and he hasn’t texted me. Does it sound like he likes me? I thought he did but if he truly liked me then wouldn’t he have texted by now? Was he just flirting for the heck of it? I can’t tell if I’m reading too much into it or if he really does like me. And was his mentioning his ex girlfriend a sign that he doesnt like me? Does he only see me as a friend/family friend ?

Jane201522
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 9:06 am #170580

Does he like me?

Jane201522
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 9:06 am #170602

I do like him but I don’t think he likes me. At first I thought he did, but he did bring up his ex girlfriend at one point and someone told me that’s a sign he isn’t interested. But he did laugh at practically everything I said. He indirectly gave me his phone number and texted me later but our convo was short and brief and he hanst texted me since. If he liked me wouldn’t he have texted?

DeterminedForLove
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 9:42 am #170664

I think he likes you, but guys seem to lose interest pretty quick. I would tred slowly if you may be forced to be around him in the future