Help!!!!!! I fear I'll be Single forever

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

shortycjd
    Participant
    December 6, 2012 at 12:11 pm #18306

I just do get what I’m doing wrong… I met a online and we meet up for coffee. The conversation seemed to go well. We laughed joked. We got there about 5:40 and spent 2 and a half hours. He even siad “This was great”.. Then I do not hear from him after..

I just do get it. I can understand if he’s just not into me but why would he spend all that time. Why would he say this was great….

I don’t think I gave off any “desperate” vibes. I just don’t know what I am doing wrong. This has happened to me before.

candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    December 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm #18351

Hmm, you didn’t give much information. If things went well, did you try texting or messaging him somehow to meet up another time?

If so, what was his reaction like? If he was distant at all, he may not be interested. But if he’s excited to see you or said he’d be willing to hang out, try to set something up so you can keep it exciting!

hope it works out!

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    December 7, 2012 at 10:26 am #18367

he might’ve said “this was great” just to be nice. He might have enjoyed the time with you but if he doesn’t think you guys clicked, he’s not going to pursue you anymore .

wranglerusa1
    Participant
    January 5, 2013 at 6:33 am #20045

Hey shortycjd,
    I met a lady online also. Funny, she was a nurse at a hospital across the street from where I work. We went out once but we did not connect. She cut me loose so I was not the bad guy in this case. Guess what, I am seeing someone else now & we do connect! I personally would not say “this was great” unless I meant it. You would know if I was interested. Your phone would be getting lots of text messages. Good luck.

January 7, 2013 at 2:18 pm #20080

Sweetheart, there is nothing you are doing wrong…and you will not be single forever.

Have you ever read the book “He’s just not that into you”? (Watching the movie doesn’t count because the movie does not distinguish all the ways that a man may not be into us women.) If you can, read it, it will definitely help you to be able to see if a guy IS into you.

If a guy is not into you, he will not pursue you. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING ABOUT YOU. You are a fabulous and sexy woman and there is someone out there that WILL go gaga for you. Don’t waste your time on this guy. Stay open to someone who IS into you.

Good luck!

Even though you had a good time on this date

Kurtis
    Participant
    January 8, 2013 at 10:01 am #20187

yea, don’t over think one or two guys’ opinion, if you keep at it, you’ll find the right person for you! don’t stress!

abbystheone
    Participant
    February 25, 2013 at 10:02 pm #23618

You said you met a guy online. Ok….you never know who you are talking with over coffee. For all you know he was on his way to meet someone else. Just saying….and as the old saying goes…there are more fish in the sea! unless your 80 years old there’s no need to stress like Kurtis said in the last post!