Help!!! I fell in love with a girl who lives in a different country

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FlyingAce
    FlyingAce
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 9:49 pm #80865

A little background information on me, I’m a 19 year old college student and I’ve been single my whole life. I’ve usually been shy around girls and I consider myself “old-fashioned”, so I prefer to be best friends with a girl at first and then see if we really have some kind of chemistry together. So last month, I had the opportunity to study abroad in London for three weeks with some of my friends. Being an American that has never really left the country and doesn’t travel much I didn’t know what to expect. I actually had such a memorable experience and found each day I spent in London to be so enriching.

Anyway here’s the story. So it was our last full day that my friends and I would get to spend in London before our flight back home the next day so we decided to spend our last night going out to this cool night club. So we’re at the club for about an hour and I’m at the bar with my friend waiting to get a drink. After I get my drink I can’t find any of my friends in… (cont.)

FlyingAce
    FlyingAce
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 9:51 pm #80867

The disco room and while I’m trying to look for one of them on the dance floor, this girl and I make eye contact. She was really cute and seemed friendly and since I’m really outgoing, I approached her and we started singing and dancing together to all the cheesy songs they were playing in the disco room which was actually really fun. We were both having such a great time that we spent most of the night together and I almost forgot about my friends who were in another room. This were things get interesting now.

At one point when we’re dancing this guy who went to the same middle/high school with her came up to her and started kissing her. I didn’t know what was going on but she walked away from him and pulled me in to dance with her again so I guess she was more interested in me. I felt that the two of really clicked together and I wanted her to forget about that other guy so took the bold move and I kissed her while we danced. … (cont.)

FlyingAce
    FlyingAce
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:50 am #80868

She didn’t mind it all and she kissed me back for what felt like a good 15 seconds. After the club was closing down and people were leaving, we stayed and talked to each for a bit. We talked about what university or uni we went to, what we were studying, and how we liked each other’s accents. I told her that I was going back to America the next day so we exchanged Facebooks and we kissed one last time before I left.

Now I’ve been home for a week and she’s still on my mind. She was my first kiss and she must have thought that I was really friendly for an American. If I was in London for at least one more week I actually would have asked her out. I just feel that I’m in love and I don’t even know if I should talk to her online or just be cliché and meet someone in back in the states as usual. I could really use some advice.

P.S. Sorry for the length. I really wanted to tell you guys the full story and this character limit isn’t really helping either.

FlyingAce
    FlyingAce
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 9:05 am #80871

She didn’t mind it all and she kissed me back for what felt like a good 15 seconds. After the club was closing down and people were leaving, we stayed and talked to each for a bit. We talked about what university or uni we went to, what we were studying, and how we liked each other’s accents. I told her that I was going back to America the next day so we exchanged Facebooks and we kissed one last time before I left. Now I’ve been home for a week and she’s still on my mind. She was my first kiss and she must have thought that I was really friendly for an American. If I was in London for at least one more week I actually would have asked her out. I just feel that I’m in love and I don’t even know what if I should talk to her online or just be cliché and meet someone in back in the states as usual. I really use some advice.