Help! I love her but I worry

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Femmegal1
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 12:28 pm #87022

I need some advice, I’m 27 and met the love of my life pretty recently. As soon as I met her I felt a connection that I’ve never felt before. We’ve only been dating since June but we’ve moved pretty fast. Exchanged i love yous and are practically living together. I’ve never been the type to want to live with a partner or see a partner daily but she just makes me feel so comfortable and happy. I have a lot of trust issues that stem from my parents so it’s hard for me to let people in and she’s the opposite she’s very trusting right away which I love about her. But she got out of long term relationship that lasted 5 years about a year ago. And when she tellse story’s of her past every story almost always involves her ex. It breaks my heart a little every time I find out something new about them two like trips they would take or events they’d go to. I know it’s stupid to get upset but I do. Bc I fee like now anything we do together will have already been done with her ex.

Femmegal1
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 12:31 pm #87023

So my issue is am I being too sensitive and too jealous, should I just not let it bother me? I love her so much and i don’t want to lose her because of how upset this makes me or push her away because it makes me feel bad. I just hate that her and her ex shared so much I feel like I’ll never be able to compete

Eerb2015
    Participant
    November 4, 2015 at 10:09 pm #87924

Always take things slow, try living together for at least a year before making any big decisions. Don’t compare yourself to others she’s dated, there’s usually a reason they’re not together anymore.

jacko2015
    Participant
    November 5, 2015 at 9:01 am #87930

she was with her ex for 5 years, it’s hard for them not to do a lot of stuff together. But that relationship ended a year ago because they obviously weren’t happy together. So all that matters now is the relationship between you two, and you both need to start making NEW memories and enjoy life together! Plus I’m pretty sure there is loads of stuff that she didn’t do in her previous relationship that you two can do now… But that’s for you to find out together.
    Hope this helps, best of luck!

emmettdanford
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 1:17 am #88001

she was with her ex for 5 years, it’s hard for them not to do a lot of stuff together. But that relationship ended a year ago because they obviously weren’t happy together. So all that matters now is the relationship between you two, and you both need to start making NEW memories and enjoy life together! Plus I’m pretty sure there is loads of stuff that she didn’t do in her previous relationship that you two can do now… But that’s for you to find out together.
    Hope this helps, best of luck!

That’s fine don’t bother so much.

UNIQUEKEII
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 11:13 pm #143912

I dont think you are being too sensitive at all but there is no reason to be jealous at all cuz guess what …she is with you and yall are happy. And being in a relationship that long with someone they are bound to do a lot of things but yall can create new memories . try too look at as knowing places she has been just opens the doors for new places and things to do with you.

BeckyLynn
    Participant
    August 21, 2017 at 12:38 am #146219

Honestly, I know it feels overwhelming to try and live up to what she had with her ex. But the way you need to look at it is she chose you, not her ex. She is happy with you. And I’m sure that she isn’t comparing you to her ex. The best thing I think for you two would be to just not talk about her ex and the relationship they had. Your relationship should be about each other and how happy you are together. If her ex truly made her happy, then she would still be with them, not you. Have faith in what you two have and just enjoy each other and everything else will work out.