Help- I need a man's perspective

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 1:11 am #122365

I met a younger man on New Year’s Eve, and we had a great time. We totally connected and we kissed at the end of the night. He asked for my number and I told him no, because of the age difference. Now, I’m completely regretting my decision. He knows several people I know on Facebook,so I can easily get in touch with him, but should I, or do I deal with it and move on? I feel like I over analyzed and blew it, but I thought I’d put it out there, just in case.

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 3:16 pm #122484

I think you should contact him, regret comes from something you want deep inside. Just tell him, actually I’ve been thinking about you and I’d like to see you again. Maybe he’ll refuse, but he might accept as well. A girl recently rejected me for the same reason but if she came back I would like to see her

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 10:16 am #122916

I contacted him and he was really glad that I did- we’re seeing each other next weekend. Thanks for the advice!

Train2Heski
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 10:44 am #122930

Glad to hear it worked out well

masondixonlines
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 1:32 pm #123058

That’s great, good luck! 😉

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 4:16 am #123067

Great, keep us posted

emergingmarket
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 6:52 pm #123074

Definitely contact him again- glad to hear you did. If there is genuine interest—-then go for it.

Casey12u2
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 8:55 am #123084

Age doesn’t mean a whole lot to me when it comes to dating. My girlfriend is 17 and in high school, I’m 20 and in my 2nd year of college. She’s very mature and smart and we’re both very much in love and her parents know everything we do and we have their consent. According to the law, our age difference is legal even though she’s under 18. If she was 2 weeks younger we’d be 4 years apart, which is illegal without parental consent, which we have anyway.

I had a friend that was 22 and for a while dated a 45yr. old woman. I can’t say that I’d necessarily do that, but if I liked her enough, why not? In my friends’ words “Age is just a number!”

I agree with that, and as long as the age difference isn’t illegal, I see no issue. Though I would definitely consider the end goal; whether it’s just to date for fun or to fall in love and grow old together. If you’re considerably older than him i.e. >10yrs. and you want a serious relationship, I wouldn’t do it. Otherwise, definitely go for it!

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 9:21 am #123098

Yes, he’s much younger than I, but I’m not looking for anything serious- just fun at this point.

Casey12u2
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 11:45 am #123143
    Reply To: Help- I need a man's perspective

Well then get out there and have some fun! Just try not to lead him on, make sure he knows that that’s all you’re after.

erricred
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 3:12 am #123241

So glad you guys worked it out, I would definitely want a woman to reach out in this situation

belld967
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 9:05 am #123375

That’s good that it worked out great between you two

Anonymous
    January 18, 2017 at 8:13 pm #123574

Nothing wrong with an age gap. I have dated women older and women younger than me. My ex-wife was about 20 years older then me and my current girlfriend who I am engaged to now is 8 years older than I am. With that kind of relationship you will get stares and disapproval, anytime there is a significant age gap in relationship that happens. I just ignore it I don’t care what other people think. Your happy and he is happy that is all that matters.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 9:03 pm #123579

i’m glad you contacted him. as long as you don’t get creepy and stalkerish its always fine.
    i HOPE you were upfront with him and let him know you are not looking for something serious with him but just fun. its always good to be forthright when appraochign somebody for “more than friends” (whatver direction you take that part).

Enjoy! Great news!