HELP, I need advice about my Ex

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Daina.1980
    Participant
    September 14, 2014 at 12:43 am #61937

So I met a guy online and we dated 7 months and we just broke up a month ago. He’s 35 and has been online dating on and off for 15 years. He’s had multiple relationships and likes sex. We waited a month before we had sex. He claimed I was his one true love and wanted to marry me. We used the love word at 6 weeks and wanted to move in by 6 months. We didnt move in. I noticed he was clingy and constantly texted me all day long and was constantly asking questions. He was super sweet, would clean my house, and spend ALL his free time with me. My mother and I are close and she didnt like him and made it well known. He became obsessed with trying to win her approval and we started arguing daily about my mom. He was always upset. He said he didn’t want to loose me but the stress was a lot. We broke it off last month and since then he ended up back on the dating site we met, he wont see me, and hes went completely cold. I dont understand how I went from his everything to nothing.

djg3665
    Participant
    September 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm #64925

From what you are describing, it sounds like he is controlling, as is his behavior right now. You wouldn’t let him control you, so he is controlling the only thing that he can; having contact with you……It seems like it is working, no? If you broke-up with him though, was your expectation that he would always be around so when you need attention, he would be there?

happysliceoflife
    Participant
    September 27, 2014 at 4:52 pm #64951

In my opinion, its gonna be difficult to have anything with this man if your mom is so opposed. Sounds like she has a point to make about him. He cut you off cold once he assessed that your situation was too difficult for him. He sounds self centered. He’s not ready to fight for you any further.
    I don’t like that you two were arguing. Is your mom aware of the disharmony she caused between you? What was her objection about him? Don’t undervalue her opinion, especially given that he’s cut you off like this, which is not normal if he’s been looking for a meaningful relationship for 15 years, says he loves you and all. Probably one day he’ll call back but you should be very sure you want to go forward over your mom’s advice, she’s probably right about him.

Parker0065
    Participant
    September 27, 2014 at 8:15 pm #64956

Mother knows best!
    Sounds like he’s a bit psycho in the sense of trying to be “too” perfect wanting your mother’s approval. But either way I will just give you some honest advice. Years ago I dated a girl for a number of months and we ended up moving in together. It was an ugly breakup where I had to involve credit companies and threaten her with the police after she fraudulently attempted to use my line of credit after we broke up.
    When I talked to my mother about it she told me(for the first time) she had a bad feeling about her and never liked her but she didn’t want to interfere so she never said anything. I told her afterwards that she had a open highway to express her opinion freely when it came to my girlfriends. Sometimes we are “too” close to someone that we can’t see what’s really going on!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Parker0065.
    YoungMario
    YoungMario
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 3:41 pm #65107

Just curious, what were you looking for when you first got involved in the relationship? And when did you find out about his “online background”?

Anonymous
    October 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm #65297

good luck! LOL

lee21
    lee21
    Participant
    October 5, 2014 at 5:56 am #65311

Mothers do indeed usually sense things in people that you can’t see yourself. Her intuition does have more experience with having a certain vibe about people and based off of his sudden 180 treatment it is a major indication on who he is, not what he has shown you despite him sounding like he has a control issue. People tend to reveal their true selves in anger or retaliation.