Help, I need peace of mind.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Justin
    Participant
    October 23, 2015 at 2:14 pm #87267

I recently made a connection with this woman on OKcupid. I’ll spare you all the details of our conversation, but we exchanged about 3 or 4 messages before she offered me her phone number.
    I called her and we talked for over an hour, the conversation was not forced, in fact it was very easy. I have a good intuition about such things, I don’t lie to myself. If I feel like someone is tough to talk to or we are not clicking, I chalk it up as having no chemistry and move on.
    Anyway..she texted me the next morning while I was at work, and we exchanged a few short pleasant text’s..nothing overwhelming.
    I called her that evening and was not able to reach her, I sent one more text..asking her if she was available and wanted to talk. No response. Now it’s been almost 2 days.
    I just don’t understand why people play these games…I’ve heard all the “Dating Coaches” don’t text too much, don’t call…don’t do this, don’t do that. I get it, I’m not stupid, I am pretty aware of what not to d

Justin
    Participant
    October 23, 2015 at 2:19 pm #87268

what not to do. It just feels painful. I don’t want to feel like I’ve done something wrong. At this point it’s been almost 2 full days. She has a 6 year old daughter and works full time, perhaps I could wait and send her a friendly text next weekend. I know the easy answer to this thread is “move on”. I would probably say the same thing. But of course, I would like to keep the door cracked open. I am curious on what people would advise me to do, or why this may have happened. Thank you all…for reading.

Fit777
    Participant
    October 27, 2015 at 2:23 am #87426

Hey man I wouldn’t sweat it at all, that’s OKcupid for you. Just a few days ago I hit it off with this cute girl got her number talked to her on the phone for awhile everything was easy, texted her the next day she replied I asked what she was doing and that was that haven’t heard or tried talking to her since.
    Its funny because I have her added on insta too but regardless, I don’t know how old you are but personally I wouldn’t get involved with someone who has a kid the life they live is so different from yours and honestly you don’t want to be brought into that situation. Even if everything was going good with her it would be very hard for her to make time for you and she has a full time job, I understand if you felt a connection maybe with her or whatever the reason but this is a blessing in my eyes man. You may feel shitty but don’t you did nothing wrong a full time job and a kid explains it all in the end you would be frustrated that you cant see her enough.

Joe83162
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 10:01 am #87824

Just keep it casual don’t be overly available it will work out

Anonymous
    November 5, 2015 at 7:31 am #87927

Even I would say you that you should not think much about it. May be she must be busy with some work or there may be some other reason. Either you can try to her again or leave the topic .

DeCesar2626
    Participant
    November 5, 2015 at 8:01 am #87928

Joe hit right on the head. Don’t be overly available! And talk to women in the mean time, you don’t have to date them…

akitty07
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 3:07 pm #88056

Personally for me, as a woman on OKcuipid, there are a few times I get caught up in my personal life and don’t respond to a guy. But if I’m really interested, I’ll find time to respond. When a guy doesn’t hear back from me in a few days…well, he can assume I found someone more interesting. From the sound of it, she could be busy with her personal life, or she could be ignoring you to let you down easy. I’d say give the friendly text on the weekend a try, but if she doesn’t respond, I’d say you’re safe to move on.

Sparkle200
    Participant
    November 12, 2015 at 8:33 am #88336

Go with your gut

Bearcat707
    Participant
    November 13, 2015 at 10:42 pm #88466

Wait and see what happens, more than likely she is just busy.

FavoredPisces
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 3:09 pm #89735
    Reply To: Help, I need peace of mind.

Hi, I don’t think you did anything wrong. The interaction sounded great, communication and texts started and you got to a phone call! On online dating, that’s pretty good! So totally understand your frustration. I wouldn’t leave the door open though. She probably has been communicating with one or two other prospects and depending on the place in line, she may have opted for someone else. Harsh…I’m sorry. Men do the same thing to women on that site. You sound solid though on your steps and frame of mind. The only thing I can recommend is not putting all of your hopes on one possible person. You have to contact a few. Out of those few, a date or two might happen, then you can go from there. You’ll have to let someone go eventually too. Or, you may have already…It’s just how the online thing goes. Good luck. Don’t be SECOND choice for her though…You deserve to be FIRST for someone.

fmfan08
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 8:16 pm #89765

Women are like cats, let them come and go as they please..

ARandomGuy
    Participant
    December 10, 2015 at 9:23 pm #89936

I think you should wait it out and see what happens. If she is playing games then she definitely likes you.

EmotMess
    Participant
    December 12, 2015 at 5:03 am #89984

Hey, I know when you like someone and they aren’t replying to your messages, it’s a really restless process. But considering you’ve only known her for a few days I think it’s better to wait for her to reply to you. Otherwise, you may come off as clingy. If she’s into you, she will message.

Anonymous
    December 14, 2015 at 9:13 am #89996

Even if everything was going good with her it would be very hard for her to make time for you and she has a full time job

Anonymous
    December 18, 2015 at 9:06 am #90246

Hi, guys! Have ever tried to find a lady not on the dating sites but using matchmakers? this thing is much better, it avoids you from scamm, you know who you are talking to and you always know in advance what is waiting for you with this girl… So, try! You loose nothing. It worked for me so I know what I am talking about.

My lady is from Ukraine and we are together for half a year already, Here is the link of the company that helped me:
    http://www.bestukrainianmatchmaker.com/

I’m not campaigning, just advise as you asked

1 2