Help, ladies. Is she interested, or just playing games?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

805guy
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 12:12 am #66691

Met a girl online, planned a date. She flakes on the date and we don’t talk for a few days. She then randomly invites me to hang out, I was too busy, so I plan another date. We go out, have a great time, nonstop conversation, flirting, and the date ends with no kiss but an embrace and cheek-peck. I call her two days later, let her know I’d like to see her again, and we plan a 2nd date. She flakes on the 2nd date and then sets up a coffee for the next morning. She then proceeds to flake on the coffee date that she set up, and then leaves on a business/work trip for 5 days. Her last text specifically said she wasn’t trying to be flakey, but was just extremely busy with work, and that she’d get back to me shortly after her business trip.

So far no call, and it’s been a week since we last communicated. So, ladies, is this a test? Does she want me to call or is she letting me down softly? Why would she flake on the date she set up, then tell me she’ll be in touch, then never call?

burningpatch
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 3:11 am #66693

Try not to be too pushy, girls tend to hold a lot inside and don’t give much away. Give her a bit of time on her business trip and when she gets back, try again.

wind005
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 3:15 am #66695

Don’t see any question here. Do you really like her? If you do then just follow your heart and take the steps.

surf2005
    Participant
    October 29, 2014 at 8:51 am #66766

Don’t be pushy like the first guy said. See where it goes

dyach
    Participant
    October 29, 2014 at 9:33 am #66776

Sounds like she likes you but like you said, she keeps flaking out. Try and contact her one more time, and if she doesn’t contact you back, then move on to someone who doesn’t play these games.

athenamur
    Participant
    October 29, 2014 at 11:52 pm #66812

As a girl, I know that when I’m being flakey with a guy, cancelling dates, not replying to texts or calls, it’s simply because I’m just not interested. Whereas the guys I AM interested in, I find ways to make time for them, even if I have a busy schedule. So my first thought when reading this is if she claims she’s “too busy” to follow through with plans, she’s probably just making excuses. She obviously wasn’t too busy to set up those few dates with you, and the fact that she flaked out on two occasions kind of shows where her head and feelings are at when it comes to you. My best advice for you is to back off, especially if the interest and effort you are showing isn’t being reciprocated. If she really likes you she will notice your sudden absence and she will do something about it. If you never hear from her again, well, there’s your answer. I believe that if someone has genuine feelings and really cares, they’ll make time. If they don’t have genuine feelings, they’ll make excuses.

marvelous1
    marvelous1
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm #66847

she’s not interested and she doesnt have the courage to be honest and upfront with you. move on. you deserve better anyway.

sam1401
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 3:04 pm #66851

I’d give it a few more days and if she doesn’t text back possibly move on. She may be busy. But I’d definitely give it another go.

ryannt
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 8:44 pm #66881

It sounds like she might not be interested. I would give her another chance to to make sure and if this time she flakes you should walk away.