HELP ME!!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

HELP ME!!!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

blackcat
    Participant
    September 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm #150066
    HELP ME!!!

I dated a girl named Sarah for close to 5 years. About 2 weeks ago she broke up with me, via a letter sent by email, which I found out was pre-written before the incident that I believed was what caused her to write it.

Early on in the relationship, before I even asked her to date me. I cheated on her with my ex-girlfriend. A very confusing time to say the least. Eventually my ex sent her some texts saying what was going and all hell broke loose. Eventually though, I did win Sarah back, but by lying.

Now at this point, Sarah and I were very close and full of love for each other.

As time went on, Sarah obviously had trust issues and we had some fights. Leading to her wanting to break up. I won her back on a few occasions.

Like the biggest idiot in the world, and I claim insanity on this. I began cheating on her again with my ex-girlfriend. This was going on here and there for about a year or so and meant absolutely nothing to, except just to get my nuts off.

Help,
    Davil

DivaR23
    Participant
    September 22, 2017 at 7:27 pm #150095

Hi, Davil,

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Unfortunately, what I have learned the hard way is that once you break someone’s trust, it’s really hard to get it back. You mentioned that you won her back by lying – do you not see something wrong with that? You may be able to fool someone temporarily, but the truth always presents itself the more time you spend together. Ask yourself – would she have been “very close and full of love” had she known that you lied? Most likely not. You cannot have a sincere and loving relationship that starts with lies and is riddled with dishonesty throughout. If you feel the need to keep going back to your ex, despite it being for sexual reasons only, then you probably are not ready to be in a committed relationship. How would you feel if Sarah was sleeping with her ex just to “get off”…probably not very good. Cheating is the worst thing you can do to someone you truly care about. It can destroy even the most beautiful and strong woman’s self-esteem.

whatdoyouthink
    Participant
    September 23, 2017 at 6:48 pm #150102

got yourself into this pickle. shouldnt have cheated in the first place.

thomrose524
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 9:55 am #150086

You do not deserve Sarah. Leave the poor woman alone. You would be better off just sleeping around, and not try to get too involved with just one woman. Perhaps some day you will feel like you really want to settle with just one woman. You are obviously not there yet. Oh, and while you are sleeping around, don’t lie to the women. There are plenty who just want an NSA encounter. Have fun with them, and then move along.

triciamint
    triciamint
    Participant
    October 3, 2017 at 9:44 pm #151355

If you cannot commit to Sarah then obviously you’re the problem. You seem to keep going back to this ex of yours. Why not choose her and stay with her instead?

FeenixxBlue
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 11:26 pm #152382

The answer is always easy with cheating…once its out in the open…its never really the same after…its just better that you tell her you’re sorry, thank her for being part of your life for the past 5 years and then give her some time and space…that could be the first step to trust for her…might not be right away..but if you really love her it won’t matter. But I think that you do not sleep with the ex again…it doesn’t seem to be helping you at all.

audreysykes
    Participant
    October 11, 2017 at 2:38 am #152383

You shouldn’t have lied to the girl.