Help me decode his 1 word text!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 5:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confused89
    Participant
    June 26, 2017 at 9:58 pm #140655

I have been seeing my ex again (sexually) and he already knows how I feel about him and he wrote me a long email a few days before we hooked up again and it mentioned how he was dumb for ending things.
    I sent him this text today, because he tends to ghost everyone
    ME:You know I love you and would do anything for you. You sent me an email stating you were dumb for letting go of what we had…I’m still here. Of course you have to do what is right for you, but you can always come “home.” With that being said, I just want you to be happy with whatever you choose. I just don’t want to sit here like a fool waiting if you already know I’m not what you want. 😚
    He wrote back:
    Okay.
    WHAT DOES HE MEAN?! WHAT IS HE TRYING TO SAY?! Am I looking too far into “okay”?

Skydancer
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 7:09 am #140676

Wow, I mean I know men tend to be frugal with words but this guy overdid it. It’s natural that you make assumptions, because he didn’t give you any clear answers. So, if I were you I would reply like this: “I know that perhaps you are thinking over this issue, but I would appreciate it more if you gave me a clear answer. ‘Okay’ is simply not good enough for this occasion, because I also want to have my peace of mind so as to process things.”
    If he is mature enough, I hope he’ll reply with a proper answer. Good luck! xxx

CD25
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 11:52 pm #140932

Wow. His answer is too simple. It´s hard to decipher. You need to do some probing. And let him know that it´s better for the both of you if he gives you a more elaborate answer than “okay”. Maybe he´s thinking over things too and doesn´t know how to respond.

LiftedBeing
    LiftedBeing
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 12:36 pm #141134

He just wanted some pussy at the time and is being a douche most likely by saying “Okay” = yea he knows
    You’ll have to cut him off completely for him to truly realize

tlr.9
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 5:54 pm #141205

One word replies are never good but dont let social media or texting dictate your feelings.

omarqasem127
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 3:11 am #141216

Well maybe he will come back home !

bz100
    bz100
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 11:10 pm #141412

As others have said, hard to decipher, but my take is he’s finding it’s just to much to think about right now, and needs some time for it to gel. I’d say leave the ball in his court for a while.