Help! Met someone on vacation I can't stop thinking about! What to do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• rstahl
    Participant
    November 25, 2016 at 11:49 pm #118140

I met a guy on vacation who I have a huge crush on. He made the first move and we exchanged numbers. We’ve flirted a little through text and met up for a drink where we both had a great time. After I went back home (across the nation) we texted for a couple days. Still flirting and talking about visiting each other again. But we haven’t spoken much since. I haven’t texted him because I don’t know what to say. He was going to be on the same coast as me and going to make a trip to see me, but when he got a new job offer he was no longer going to be traveling on this coast. All I want is to spend time with him and communicate with him. Obviously that’s hard given I live 8 states away from him and I can’t come up with what to text him. Help! What do I do? What do I say?

Jaybearr7
    Participant
    November 26, 2016 at 2:10 pm #118148

i’ve been in this situation before. send him a fun flirty text along the lines of “hey, man do i wish we were back there. i miss paradise.” but also remember you were on vacation and sometimes guys that go on vacation look for women to hang out with and get to know then just plan on never speaking to them again. If he was receptive of seeing you again you could try something like “wouldn’t it be great to just get away again.” “we should take a trip :p” if you don’t want to come off to forward just text him and say something along the lines of “hey hows that new job offer going?” or “a simple “hey how are you?” if he doesn’t answer screw him, if he responds feed off it with fun and flirty but not to much. he might actually really like you but be scared of the fact that you live so far away and in his mind it may not be realistic. if you dont take a chance though you may never know. don’t be afraid of rejection, its his loss really.

rstahl
    Participant
    November 26, 2016 at 10:47 pm #118159

Thank you for that advice. I think what you said was was exactly what I wanted to hear that I couldn’t come up with on my own. I will say something along the lines of what you’ve suggested and see what happens. Thanks!