HELP, new to dating after 12 yrs.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SurvivorKs
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 7:25 am #91002

So I am trying to understand this dating in my 30s following a 12 yr marriage. I have had many conversations but only a few have lead to a date. The most recent I really want to get to know and see more of. I tfeel I tend to over text.. He has my phone number and friends on FB. He knows I want to see him again and he agrees, he also says he likes me but he as never mentioned a next date, and is still logging on to dating site. Our first date he was very respectful of not pressuring me for more like most men I feel would do. I just don’t know if I am going at dating all wrong?

Hovercraft
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 8:22 pm #91064

He might be still on the dating site because he’s still not sure. If you actually believe you could be overtexting I’d hardly think you’re “dating wrong”. Unless that thought stops you from saying whatever it is you should’ve. Indirectly suggest a second date or maybe even be more direct, who knows. Also, he might be going there just to see if you’re doing the same?

SurvivorKs
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 10:41 am #91127

So yesterday he asked me to hang out and so we did. He mentioned that he missed me and I said a little as well. Asked me to stay over and did. But after an hour there it was different. He is moving today so was cleaning and packing and I watched TV. No cuddling before sleeping either. Just not sure. Telling myself no contact unless he contacts first

flower14
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 2:24 am #91202

You could contact him. But if a few day passes by. I wouldn’t say to contact back

SurvivorKs
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 3:21 pm #91244

Well I still haven’t contacted him and neither has he. I want to though. I have questions.