Help please…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Help please…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CompletelyGone
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 11:46 pm #142260
    Help please…

I had a big crush on one of the guys in my friend group and it seemed like he just wanted to string me along, but I was oblivious to it. He would get super close and invite me out then right after we went out he would ignore me then a couple weeks later he would repeat the cycle. Throughout this whole ordeal my best guy friend,also my crush’s childhood friend, was there to get excited when I went on a date with my crush and also there to listen to my cries over the phone or in person when my crush started acting like a jerk again. This cycle lasted till spring last year. My crush yet again flaked on me but this time it was right around valentines day. I was extremely down and I confided in my guy best friend like I usually do, but he was acting a little differently this time. He ended up confessing to me and told me he liked me a while back but my crush said he liked me so my best friend stepped back. I didn’t really know how to react but ultimately I started dating my best friend ….

CompletelyGone
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 11:59 pm #142261

**continued
    I rushed into the relationship, however I started to feel romantic feelings toward my friend. It felt right but since everything happened so quickly the lingering feelings for the other guy were still there. It was fine until I started to distance myself from my friend and he told me if I had lingering feelings then he would end the relationship(he thought he guilted me into a relationship). When he asked I wasn’t able to deny it so we broke up. After that, a couple months passed and I couldn’t stop thinking about us. I ended up confessing to him and everything was great! a couple months later I started to get anxious that he was going to leave me, so my friend convinced me to end it before he could. I was completely wrong. He still really liked me and I broke off the best relationship I ever had because I was scared of talking to him about my insecurities. We are still “friends” but nothing like we were before. I feel like my feeling for him just keep getting stronger(cont

NewGirlHere
    Participant
    July 15, 2017 at 12:31 am #142265

The actual post for this is titled “Should I ask for another chance?” by newgirlhere

CompletelyGone
    Participant
    July 17, 2017 at 9:49 am #142262

**continued
    He told one our mutual friends that he still liked me as much as before. I don’t think it would be right for me to ask him to try again with me, but I don’t know what to do with these feelings. I am meeting him for lunch in two weeks. Should I just bury these feelings and try to move on or ask for another chance?