help please: college dating situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

grande123
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 2:23 pm #77541

Im a freshman in college and hes a junior in college. we talk more often since we met and he usually initiates the conversation, which i feel is a good sign because he is interested in talking to me. but he talks to everyone and is always surrounded by friends, girls and guys. last night i heard he hooked up with a senior girl at this concert. they were together all night and touchy in a more than friendly way. i was sitting on a blanket at the outdoor concert and he sat next to me and we talked. then the girl he hooked up with sat down next to him on the other side. he reached around me for his phone and said dont worry im not making a move. does that mean hes not interested at all? or that he had to clarify because there was still a possiblity between us? also theres 1 week left of school so shes graduating but were both staying over the summer. does he seriously want her? how do i get him to like me? also do you think he wouldnt like me because of the age difference?

cristianmg13
    Participant
    April 24, 2015 at 9:22 am #77836

As a guy myself, you cant get a guy to like you, be attracted to you maybe, but you cant force him to like you. I would say you ask him straight up where you two stand, as awkward as that may, or may not, be. We guys like it when girls are honest and direct, we tend to not take subtle hints well. I say you just take your chance and have an honest conversation with him. Worst case scenario he isnt into you and you will have to move on. (I say those last 2 sentences as I myself am ready to take a chance and find out where I am with a girl Im interested in as well)
    Best of Luck!

Lily
    Participant
    April 27, 2015 at 4:39 pm #77934

yes its best to just confront him straight up, instead of trying to read hints. it saves you from confusion in the future.