DATING ADVICE FORUM

Help. What should I do?

Author
    Comments

• Sensitive_Soul
    Participant
    September 18, 2016 at 10:18 am #111759
    Help. What should I do?

My ex bf and I have remained friends since we split two years ago. Last year it seemed like things were getting back on track and I pretty much thought we we’re going to get back together. However, a few days ago he dropped the bombshell that he’s been seeing someone else for the past few weeks. I am so upset about it. The thing is, this girl is controlling him and seems to come across as a bully. She’s already told him that he can’t hang around with certain female friends at his theatre group because she doesn’t trust him. They also had an argument about his Facebook status, she told him to change it to show that she’s in a relationship with her. He hasn’t told me this, his friend has…

Sensitive_Soul
    Participant
    September 18, 2016 at 10:19 am #111760

He’s painting a pretty picture about them. He says he still wants us to be friends and has begged me not to walk out of his life, even though I said I can’t cope with the idea of him with someone else as I still love him. I don’t know what to do. We’ve know each other for 10 years and were together as a couple for 4 years. He suffers from depression and I think he’s going through it again. He doesn’t seem happy at all. I asked him if he ever thought we’d get back together and he said no and that he’s sorry. So why does he desperately want me in his life still?

patrikkk
    Participant
    September 18, 2016 at 12:01 pm #111764

Hmm, maybe he is that kind of person who cannot imagine to be alone and you´re his soul mate for long time. As far as I understand you still love him and suffering nowadays. I know it´s very hard to move on but wasting time with someone who doesn´t love you…Life is short, turn the page and start to live for your own hapiness.

Sensitive_Soul
    Participant
    September 19, 2016 at 8:43 am #111761

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sensitive_Soul
    Participant
    September 19, 2016 at 8:43 am #111765

He tells me he loves me, but says he doesn’t see us getting back together. He says I’m his best friend. I see him as more than that. We know each other inside out and I really believe we are soul mates.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    September 19, 2016 at 1:46 pm #111839

I think that some things are meant to work only for a period of time. Its not that they didn’t work, they did for the time they were supposed to. You can fall in love again, it will not be the same person, but it will be someone that will love you the way you should. Different personality, different acts of love, and that isn’t bad. Give yourself a chance and move on. Be open to new romance. New is exciting as well. Focus on that.