Help with not coming on too strong!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 9:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lonely_girl24
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 12:41 am #136506

Okay so here’s my problem… I’ve had a very bad past relationship which has left me with trust issues. I know all guys aren’t the same as my bad ex. I seem to also have the habit of falling hard and quick for someone who treats me well.
    At the moment I’ve met someone and have been dating him now for a month and have seen him about twice a week in that period of time. This has involved drinks, dinner, chilling out at his and staying over. We talk daily and speak on the phone and get along really well and it’s very natural and comfortable. My issue is how do I stop coming across too strong to him? How do I know whether he’s into me without doing the obvious and asking him outright? I don’t want to push him away by coming across too long and far too strong. I’m constantly worried I’m pestering him or that he’s ignoring me when really deep down I know he’s probably busy or just not having his phone to hand.
    Help guys! I really like this guy and don’t wanna mess things up!

Rachel
    Participant
    May 17, 2017 at 8:57 am #136700

You’re going out with him twice a week for a month and speak daily on the phone. That sounds like he’s into you. In my experience, guys don’t plan constant regular dates or contact with women they don’t like. You say it’s really natural and comfortable, then it might not have occurred to him to make it explicit how he feels. He might just assume you know already! Guys aren’t generally as open as women about this stuff.

I’d recommend you just relax and see how things go. I understand about falling hard, I’ve done that myself in the past and it doesn’t help to overdo contacting them. Daily telephone calls are amazing to be getting in a month of a relationship. You’re onto a good thing. Just take it easy and believe in yourself and know that your past partner does not define how you appear to other people. Best x

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 17, 2017 at 10:48 am #136726

I do agree with what Rachel said, there really is not much more to say, just remember one thing there are guys out there that just players when they get what they then they move on and ignore you and there are guys that want a serious relationship it looks like that is the relationship your in. That is true don’t be pushy just relax and be yourself. good luck

thatoneguy123
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 4:38 pm #137007

The best thing in my opinion is to be honest and straight forward. No playing games. Let him know what your about and what your intentions are. If he’s not on same page maybe you’re better off as friends or not talking at all

Jeff557711
    Participant
    May 20, 2017 at 3:24 am #137052

This shows you exactly what to do. You will be amazed just click link-http://bit.ly/2pViAPS