Her EX is nuts need a womens perspective on what to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

divorceddat45211
    Participant
    March 5, 2013 at 11:06 am #24557

OK here goes, I posted this on the Mens forum, but would also like a women’s point of view on this. I am recently divorced with two kids, I met a beautiful women and we have been dating for several months. We both feel the same about each other. We have met each others Children (She is also Divorced) and our Children have met each other. Problem is her Ex. He is well nuts. He has two counts of child endargement against him and recently got arrested for domestic violence for pushing her and her 8yr old son. My issue is I am torn, part of me wants to give him a piece of my mind, and well you know. It is taking all my self restraint to stop myself from having a not so friendly chat with him. I know part of his problem is alchohol, and more than likely some mental problems, should I just stay out of it and support her, or should I pay this joker a visit?

EvaLovely
    EvaLovely
    Participant
    March 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm #24823

Obviously you shouldn’t act rash.Remember there’s children involved. There’s nothing heroic or sexy about a guy who thinks they’re all of a sudden “better” than another guy and have the mindset that he HAS to do something to prove it. You want to be a gentleman in her eyes and NOT be classified in the same boat as her ex. If anything you should avoid him as much as possible. She only needs support from you. Someone to comfort her and let her know it’s gonna be all right. If he comes up in conversation you really shouldn’t be saying much about him at all. It’s not your relationship with him, it’s your new lady’s and his. Tell her you’re there to be on her side and let her know you will help the best you can so she has a safe relationship with you and your kid in the picture…