Her guard is up. I hope I didn't mess things up.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Xanth202
    Participant
    January 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm #21276

Hi Everyone,
    I have been dating a girl for 6 months now and everything has been awesome. We never fight and we have had perfect dates and enjoyed our time together. However about two weeks ago; I made a mistake. I had not heard from her in about 18 hours and had called and text her a couple times with no response. So I was worried. I drove to her house and parked down the road. I walked up to the house, and she wasn’t home. The neighbors saw me and got worried I was not supposed to be there so they called her and said someone is at your house. She called me and asked if I went by her house that morning. I didn’t deny it what so ever, and said I did. She was really mad. She told me I was predictable before and now I\’m not, and that I scared her. We had dinner the other night and yes there is a little tension between us. She didn’t flinch when I touched her face or her leg or held her hand, and I kissed her goodnight. She said we need a little space but wants to talk and see each other. Our relationship has taken a little hit from this, and I want to get some opinions from others. If you think, in time, we can get back to the way things were before.

She said that over the past 6 months I have been ridiculously good to her.
    We have had some incredible dates that I planned. A railway ride with a surprise private sunset horseback ride. A winery here in Georgia where I brought a blanket and we sat under a tree and watch the sunset and then had dinner reservations. Picnics in the park over the summer. I got her an antique dresser and mirror for Christmas which she was blown away by. We have had some great times I just don’t want this mistake to define me and have messed things up.

divorceddat45211
    Participant
    January 25, 2013 at 3:20 pm #21278

Dude give it time and she will get over it, just don’t do it again and learn from your mistakes. Do not be the creepy over possesive guy. Sometimes people get busy. Why were you worried? That is what you need to figure out, was true concern for her well being? Or worried she was blowing you off? If the second relax have a chat with her make it official that you are exclusive. If its the first well what led you to believe she was in danger? Bottom line dont be so paranoid

Xanth202
    Participant
    January 25, 2013 at 3:35 pm #21280

I was concerned for her well being. She recently had an air conditioning company over to check the furnace. This guy got her number off the order and started texting her without her permission. She was really freaked out because he knew where she lived. That made me concerned.

I talked with some friends, and they said I do seem to over worry a lot, I know that I need to not worry so much its not attractive. I let my emotions get the best of me. I am working on that. I don’t want to be “that guy”

Nathan34
    Nathan34
    Participant
    January 28, 2013 at 12:57 pm #21394

Along with the advice divorceddat45211 said, I don’t think you need to shower her with so much. You’ve already impressed her so going to her house may have been a red flag to her if she thinks you’re becoming a bit controlling. Girls not need THAT much stuff, especially within 6 months. I’s ok to treat girls like princesses but they’re not stupid when it comes to guys something in exchange for their gifts….get me?

Act normal, hold off a bit, don’t bring it up too much. Just apologize if you haven’t already and admit to her you felt a bit overprotective. Your girl wants a prince, not a body guard.