He's 26 I'm 20

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He's 26 I'm 20

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 12:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pakster123
    Participant
    February 11, 2018 at 7:20 am #165241
    He's 26 I'm 20

Backstory: My friend is his cousin. She hooked us up because she thought we would just be a one night stand at most. Both of us weren’t looking for anything serious. We then both caught feels. The issue is he does not want a relationship, he wants to wait to get to know me because after all we did start as strictly fwbs. He keeps on saying I want this to be meaningful and not just about sex, but we end up doing it anyway. He also expects me not to talk to other guys and we do couple things. Don’t get me wrong, I like him. However, I don’t like the fact that he expects me to be like a gf yet he doesn’t give me the title. People fear that I’m being used and will get hurt. Even my friend is saying she regrets hooking us up. Not to mention, we have very different values. He’s old school and not chill, I’m too chill and independent. He plays the I’m older card, too and I fight back because I refuse to let a guy tell me what to do. Idk this just looks hopeless but we like each other a lot.

beccajm
    Participant
    February 11, 2018 at 11:08 pm #165253

I would listen to your friends

justme1990
    Participant
    February 12, 2018 at 12:23 pm #165336

if he wants just sex but doesnt want you to talk to other guys that wont work
    just end it with him

anonymousgirl1000
    Participant
    February 12, 2018 at 5:06 pm #165387

Girl, no. I’m 19 and talking to someone who is 26, so I can relate. If he ever did any of this to me, I’d be done. He seriously wants you to sit around and wait until he’s done playing the field. He just wants to keep the relationship friendly between you two, so that when he’s ready, he can come back to you. How is that fair to you? Sure you may worry about losing him if you stop talking to him, but in all reality, you don’t have him now. He’s not committed to you, so don’t let him make you think that you owe him something. You subjecting yourself to this type of relationship is foolish because you know that this isn’t what you want in the end. His feelings can’t be too deep for you because if they were, he wouldn’t be with other women. I’d ghost him… no explanation. If he comes to his senses, then you’ll know he actually has feelings for you. If he doesnt, oh well. As far as him pulling the “I’m older” card, it’s petty. If he’s going keep doing it, then you’re better off alone.

missmaris
    Participant
    February 14, 2018 at 12:11 am #165507

Let it go. Move on.
    Not for you.

JenSue4386
    Participant
    February 15, 2018 at 4:11 pm #165716

If your maturity levels match up then who cares about age

teacupgeek
    Participant
    February 15, 2018 at 4:24 pm #165718

I agree with the age is just a number argument. As long as it’s legal and you’re happy.
    However, if you are unhappy with the relationship and not getting what you need from it; then I’d say move on.
    There are plenty more guys out there that would be happy to be your boyfriend and tell the world.
    Don’t settle because you’ll regret it.