HE'S DISTANT, & BOTH OF OUR FAMILIES DON'T GET ALONG

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gigglesandsmiles
    Participant
    December 13, 2014 at 10:11 pm #69143

My fiance and I have been together for over 2.5 years. We were apart for 4 mos in the past. Let’s start w/ him being distant. In the morning, he doesn’t talk much, when we are in the car he doesn’t talk much, when he gets off work “How’s work?” “Good.” “Was it busy?” “Not today.” That is our convo! He’s been having a hard time sleeping. He won’t come to bed till 3a.m. He’s irritable towards me and our daughter (17mos old). I ask him what’s wrong, “nothing’s wrong. just tired.” Today I asked him if he’s depressed and he says “Idk. I might be. Idk.” Well, what am I suppose to do? He’s being distant & not answering my questions or even talking! & my family hates him. & his family hates me! His family thinks I brainwash him (he’s an only child & his mom is single) bc he won’t call her everyday. She says I don’t care about him and thinks he does everything.

gigglesandsmiles
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 8:42 am #69144

My family hates him bc they feel he should stick up for me a little more against his mom, he should help me out more, they think I don’t see them much bc of him (which isn’t true. I work full time), he’s not interacting with my family, & he does need to grow up some. he’s 20 and I’m 23. So we’re both still young. We are on different pages when it comes to disciplining our child, sex, and our future. like for example, our daughter gets in trouble, so he spanks her what seems hard to me. So I disagree. He says he’s bored in bed and that I should cater to him and do things I’M NOT COMFORTABLE DOING. But I never had a problem like that before. & in our future, he doesn’t want to go to school, and buy a house, and live the way I want to. what do I do!? We have a baby involved!!!! D:

snowwhite0214
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm #69184

I think it’s hard for anyone in a relationship with a child…that just adds a whole new dimension to the relationship. I don’t think I could offer you specifics on what you should do. I can however tell you I was in a relationship with a man for 12 years who didn’t like my family – they didn’t like him. I got along with his but there wasn’t any love there believe me. He isolated me from my friends, acted like he was jealous if I went out and called constantly – when are you coming home…etc. We disagreed on fundamental issues – you disagree on fundamental issues. How you raise your child is a big deal – and you both need to be on the same page. Him telling you to cater to his needs when you’re not comfortable doing what he wants – not cool. It’ like he’s looking for an excuse to blame you for why things aren’t working between the two of you. I can’t tell you what to do – but I would think long and hard before you decided to move forward and marry him.