He's ignoring me, what should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

clashgrl17
    Participant
    May 30, 2013 at 10:52 pm #32469

We’ve been “dating” (exclusive but never discussed it really) for a month and a half and a week ago he basically disappeared off the planet. He texted me saying “we need to talk” which is basically the worst thing you can say to a girl except “I slept with your sister”. Anyways, after I replied, he eventually said “about us, we can talk about it tomorrow” cool. But he had a seizure that night (he has epilepsy) and so obviously he couldn’t talk about it the next day. I texted him to feel better a day later, no answer. Pretty much the same thing happened two days later. We now haven’t talked in a week, and I’m worried this is his way of ending it without having to talk to me. I found out from a friend that he went to the doctors for some tests today, and I know his disease affects him a lot, and it’s kind of out of control right now. However, he’s been on Facebook, so he could text me at least once. Or acknowledge my existence or something crazy like that. What should I do? Because I don’t want to bother him if he’s really feeling miserable, but at the same time what if he’s just trying to end it sneakily? Things were going great before that day, he texted me almost everyday and we hung out a lot and talked about the somewhat close-ish future and he promised he loved me, got me flowers, etc. what’s happening?

Robin Reyes
    Participant
    May 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm #32482

Give him some time…

recluse4680
    Participant
    June 16, 2013 at 11:04 am #33404

Let him go. I don’t care how busy or sick or otherwise distracted he is. If he is interested in you, if he cares at all, he would communicate with you. I have been in this vicious cycle far too much in my life and I know it is one of the most awful feelings in the world. But you’ll do better to get over him now rather than drag out your heartache.