He's in another country, we haven't met yet and it's getting long…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ticusa
    Ticusa
    Participant
    March 7, 2016 at 6:18 pm #95173

I met this german guy in OKC, we moved right away onto whatsapp then line…we text each other as well as call each other, he sends me pics of him, of what he’s doing, daily normal things, and i’ve done the same. We talked about meeting here in my country, but he’s reserved about coming alone, he prefers to do it with a friend. Last year he went with a friend to Japan for vacations, and he stayd in touch with me despite the huge time difference, als he sent me a box with a beer and chocolates when he return form the trip. Now he is going again to Japan, and I have to ask myself why, if he had the chance, again didn’t choose to come and meet me?
    We’ve talked for a year now, which i think it’s too long, and i don’t think this is going somewhere. For the record we’ve talked about how nice it’d be if we could watch a movie together or have a glass of wine or do anything together, also things have scalated sometimes we talk on he phone, i know i like him…just i’m not sure how much..

Ticusa
    Ticusa
    Participant
    March 11, 2016 at 2:26 pm #95463

Well he doesn’t have any relatives here, so he doesn’t have other reason to come, so as much as this breaks my heart I know you’re right…the guy’s not ever coming here just to meet me.

Ticusa
    Ticusa
    Participant
    March 15, 2016 at 9:05 am #95590

So, what’s the advice? What should I do? Meet there or in another place or what? I really don’t know.
    Besides I’ve read a lot of stories of guys that make the trip or girls too…so maybe I could go over there..

Un1c0rnOfL0v3
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 9:57 am #95796

It’s really difficult for him I suppose , I am kinda in a similar situation with a girl I’ve met and she is giving me mixed signals.
    Does he tell you that he likes you and stuff a lot and does he make you compliments as well as letting you “participate” in his life ?
    It’s really important to know because maybe he fears that if he makes that long trip and he gets rejected although he likes you a lot he will hate himself for doing it . You just gotta be open about how you feel if you think that he wants you to take a hint.