He's "into her", but flirts with me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bella_Berg
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 4:33 pm #151885

I’ve been friends with a guy for awhile now. We’ve always had a connection, and he’s someone I’ve came to trust and care for. Despite the spark, the timing has always been off, i.e. one/both of us had been into someone else. Furthermore, I’ve always held back because he has this tendency to preemptively tell girls he’s “in love” with them, and he broke up with his ex because another girl he’d had feelings for stated flirting with him. I don’t want to be that girl. Over the summer, we got really close. We’d hang out all the time, cuddle, watch movies, he’d tell me how gorgeous I am and overall it went beyond our normal friendship. I began to let my guard down and started to believe that maybe now was the time, but then I learned that he still had feelings for his ex. I don’t know whether or not I can be mad at him or what I should do, because what if I’ve just been reading into things? Am I getting played? Is he worth the wait? Also, his ex just recently started dating someone else.

UnusualWoman
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 6:53 pm #151892

In this situation, I would talk to him about it but not go into a relationship until he’s proven his worthiness as a man. Clearly he gets hung up on other girls even when he has one in his life, so I’m not sure it’s smart to get into one with him.

dreamcloud9
    Participant
    October 8, 2017 at 3:40 pm #151902

well then he sucks

ticktack
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 1:46 pm #151971

In this situation, I would talk to him about it but not go into a relationship until he’s proven his worthiness as a man. Clearly he gets hung up on other girls even when he has one in his life, so I’m not sure it’s smart to get into one with him.

I feel that this is great advice, go talk to him, see what’s going on in his head. If you guys are as close as you say, he should be able to open up to you about what’s going on. If he isn’t able to or won’t talk about it, then he isn’t even worth pursuing further. If he does, listen to what he has to say and respond accordingly and see where things go. I’m not saying pour your heart out to the dude, that’ll make him run for the hills. Just sit down and start an earnest conversation to try and figure out where things are at.