He's perfect but not??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He's perfect but not??

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kksaur
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 1:44 am #53263
    He's perfect but not??

1.I’m sixteen and my boyfriend is seventeen, we’ve both dated a few times before each other, but we are still young, any friends I ask about this just tell me to dump him, hoping to get reasonable and mature answers here.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year this month, and before April everything was going great. He’s nice to me he respects me he would never lay a hand on me or even snap at me, my mom loves him, he never lets me pay for dinner, drives forty-five minutes every Friday and Saturday to my house, (we met through a shared sport.) and he always thinks about how I feel.

Lately, as in the past month or so, he’s been kind of rude to me, not intentionally I don’t think, but to the point where it’s upsetting. The other day we had plans to go to dinner and hang out at my house afterwards, but that morning he canceled because of a tutor in a subject he struggles in, which is totally fine, then he canceled again Saturday morning because of a family graduation party

kksaur
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 1:49 am #53264

2. I was fie with him going to the party but it upset me that we had planned seeing each other the entire week and he would just up an go two days in a row, I talked to him about it and he told me to quit being mean to him and “things come up”, this did not sit well with me. I told him that he should be happy I’m a little upset that we couldn’t see each other, would he rather me not think twice about it and hang out with my other guy friends? (Who he hates).

Stupid things like this start huge fights between us now lately and it’s getting very frustrating. We go to different schools and the other day I was invited to a party and he told me i wasn’t allowed to go because there would be “too many guys”. Is this okay? I really do like him, and dare I say after a year, love him? But I don’t know if I can handle his jealousy and our petty arguments that turn into screaming matches.

Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

Anonymous
    May 20, 2014 at 5:27 am #53269

Young love is so much like your problem, jealousy and fighting because you are not mature enough to understand that being in a relationship doesn’t mean you have to follow all the wishes of your partner. Bear in mind that being in a relationship doesn’t give you reason to loose your own identity, instead you have to grow and be mature to understand that your partner has his/her own life, and that jealousy is not a must but understanding.

kksaur
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 8:50 am #53281

Thank you, that helped a lot!