He's pulling away, please help me.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

leesee27
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 2:08 pm #82651

I met this amazing guy online a months ago. Since then, we have been dating for about 3 months. He’s 7 years older than me (I’m 27), recently divorced, and has 2 children. We text all day/every day since our first date, and see each other a few times a week.

He hasn’t been able to fully commit, so we’re still dating as opposed to ‘boyfriend/girlfriend’, due to his marriage that only ended months ago. I’ve acted insecure/clingy sometimes because I like him so much, and I get nervous that because its not official he can technically still date other women (he tells me he doesn’t). We have never fought in person. He recently drew back after a fight (my fault) and told me he’s not ready for a relationship but doesn’t want to stop talking to me. He said he originally wanted a relationship but realized he’s not ready. I really like him. Its killing me that it seems like he wants to be just friends now. Is this something I should give time, or give up on? Please help. We still talk daily.

leesee27
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 2:13 pm #82653

Let me add I know he has a lot going on in his life. He just got his house back, he’s trying to balance the kids/work/his ex/money etc. I’m very mindful of that, and I respect it. I just don’t understand if he doesn’t want a relationship why he gets upset when I tell him we shouldn’t talk anymore. We’ve never been just friends, so we can never be just friends.

Its literally breaking my heart seeing him draw back, and my friends tell me to date other men to get my mind off him, but I don’t want to date anyone else right now. I’d rather be single. Should I ignore him for a while, or just not initiate contact, and see if he comes back? Or is it a lost cause.