He's Rude to Other People. Should I Be Worried?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hmrwilliams
    hmrwilliams
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 6:57 pm #55859

I’ve been dating him for almost 9 months. I first noticed it a couple of months after we started dating and he had loosened up quite a bit. I noticed that sometimes he expressed his irritation with his friends to me with rude comments, and that he wasn’t always kind to those who were supposedly his friends. Now, I’m wondering if I should be worried. Should I be worried? Or am I over-reacting?

terryl
    terryl
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 8:21 pm #55860

Personally I think you should be worried, or at least reconsidering whether this is the sort of guy you want to be with. If he speaks this way about close friends, how does he speak about you? It would be a mistake to think you are exempt from the attitude you have observers in him. The only question is, would it be worth it, in the end, and only you and your guy instinct can make that difficult decision. Best of luck.

hmrwilliams
    hmrwilliams
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 9:26 pm #55865

I was afraid someone would say that. Thanks for your in-put. I just hope I make the right decision…

wvudave82
    Participant
    June 22, 2014 at 5:53 pm #55887

If hes rude to his friends how will he eventually treat you??

Anonymous
    July 1, 2014 at 4:37 am #56624

Yes, you should. I had the same story with my ex. He is rude to other people now but then he will start to be rude to you! Just try to talk to him first and if he will not attempt to change himself, just think what consequences could be in the future.

harley_quinnx
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 10:26 am #56725

i think you should be worried i had a similar situation with an ex and i just ignored it and let it go and he then became comfortable enough to act like that towards me and there wasn’t much coming back from it.

SBSD
    Participant
    July 5, 2014 at 3:03 am #56783

yes you should

erica1
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 6:53 am #56818

Yes you should be worried. After some time he will start being rude to you.

Steven
    Steven
    Participant
    July 12, 2014 at 8:16 am #57326

Even aside from the potential to treat you in the same manner, I think it reflects on his values and the way he respects others. That negative energy will at some point have an effect on you.

decentmale
    Participant
    July 12, 2014 at 10:24 am #57328
    Reply To: He's Rude to Other People. Should I Be Worried?

depends he is rude to which people and why he is rude? if he is rude without any fault of the other person, this is not good. he should change his behaviour.

oregongal
    Participant
    July 12, 2014 at 10:36 pm #57331

I’m afraid I have to agree with the majority. Watch out for this guy. You won’t be exempt from his negative attitude and behavior.

Wiseguy22
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 12:34 am #57338

It’s too hard to tell without knowing the guy. How does he treat YOU? Do you know any of his ex’s? People can hide thier true selves for about 6 months or so. By that time the honeymoon state is over, and you’re most likley dealing with the real him.
    If he starts getting like that with you, hopefully you’re strong enough to let him go.