He's sending mixed signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

azgirl201
    Participant
    May 10, 2014 at 2:41 am #52598

I’ve had a crush on this guy for almost two years now in college. About a month ago we started hanging out outside of class.He invited me to his house a few times and we partied together a few times. He is very shy, and he only does things when he is drunk. The first time we drank together, he held my hand and kept kissing me on the cheek, and hugged me for about 10 minutes.One night we both were drunk, and he told me “You know, you are so beautiful”.And when I looked up at him and smiled, he told me to stop looking so cute, and he kissed me.we cuddled all night, and that morning he still held me and pulled me closer to him and he kissed my head a lot. a week later he acted like nothing happened, so i asked if we could talk.we talked for 4 hours, and he told me he just wanted to be friends. he said hes scared.he said hes also talking to his ex that he dated for 7 years. but he also said the night he kissed me, he felt something with me he had never felt with her.

heather4051
    Participant
    May 14, 2014 at 10:40 pm #52901

It sounds like to me that he really isn’t sure what he wants to do. I myself have trouble understanding men (which is why I’m here). But from experience with similar situations I would say just be careful and don’t get too attached. I also know from experience, that’s a hard thing to avoid, but knowing what I know now, I try to take the signals as probably not good. Almost like he’s keeping you around in case things don’t work out with his ex like he wants. Don’t give in to him. It’ll just make things worse. Be a strong woman and know that you’re better than any game a guy can play. You shouldn’t be thrown around like that.

Anonymous
    May 15, 2014 at 10:02 pm #52977

he’s confused and doesn’t know what he wants. There’s plenty of fish in the sea. You should just move on.

sara_smith17
    Participant
    May 16, 2014 at 8:03 pm #53080

it sounds like he is really into you but afraid to commit. Try to understand him and calm his fears.

Nancy
    Nancy
    Participant
    May 17, 2014 at 9:18 pm #53093

He is confused, like all of us in the beginning of a relationship either women or men
    The question is Are you confused?
    Are you ready for this relationship?
    My advice for you is to ignore him for two weeks and see how he will react
    sometimes staying away help the other side to know what he wants.

Nancy
    Nancy
    Participant
    May 17, 2014 at 9:18 pm #53094

He is confused, like all of us in the beginning of a relationship either women or men The question is Are you confused? Are you ready for this relationship? My advice for you is to ignore him for two weeks and see how he will react sometimes staying away help the other side to know what he wants.

azgirl201
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 11:57 pm #53508

It sounds like to me that he really isn’t sure what he wants to do. I myself have trouble understanding men (which is why I’m here). But from experience with similar situations I would say just be careful and don’t get too attached. I also know from experience, that’s a hard thing to avoid, but knowing what I know now, I try to take the signals as probably not good. Almost like he’s keeping you around in case things don’t work out with his ex like he wants. Don’t give in to him. It’ll just make things worse. Be a strong woman and know that you’re better than any game a guy can play. You shouldn’t be thrown around like that.

I agree with that. I don’t have time for these games. Also, he will be working with me from now on in my office. That is a bummer…