High School Sweetheart rekindle after 11 years

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Peajay
    Participant
    July 1, 2013 at 9:25 pm #34612

Hello all,

A week ago, my high school sweetheart reached out to me and we spent a majority of last week chatting back and forth via Facebook. We got together Saturday for a baseball game and some drinks and ended up talking till 3am in the morning. I crashed on her couch, woke up the next morning, we talked some more, then left. As I left, we embraced in a hug that lasted way longer than a friendly hug.

Some highlights:
    –I am recently divorced, May 2012. Relationship lasted 6 years.
    –She ended an Engagement in Nov 2010. Relationship was 8 years.
    –We have both dated and sexed other people in between all of our relationships.
    –We dated 5 years in and after highschool. Her father ended our relationship at the time due to the fact that we were fighting a lot. Hormones, different colleges, etc.
    –She is currently in a 4 week relationship and hinted many times during our evening that she is not serious about it.

My question. I am trying to figure out how to proceed. There were definite sparks in the time we spent together. We continue to chat on a nightly, if not hourly basis.

We haven’t made plans to get together again, should I just focus on friendship and wait for her to bring up something more? Or toss her an idea that I am interested and let her make the decision?

Thank you for your time. Best of luck to everyone out there!