His mother hates us

DATING ADVICE FORUM

His mother hates us

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Chlo
    Participant
    January 21, 2017 at 1:14 pm #124015
    His mother hates us

My closest friend is a guy and he wants us to be together but he says he just isn’t ready. We have talked about when we’ll say I Love You and when we’ll start hugging and holding hands. His dad has said that we have to make sure my mom approves before we do anything. His dad completely likes us being together and liking each other but his mom doesn’t like him talking to girls whatsoever. She keeps giving us death glares and I feel awkward around her but I love him too much. I know him and his dad are trying to get through to her but I don’t know if that will happen? Has anyone ever experienced this or know what to do? How fast should me and him move? He says his grandma didn’t like it but then he got through to her and now she agrees. I just don’t want to mess up his families relationship just because we want to be together. But what should we do?

johnd_321
    Participant
    January 22, 2017 at 2:41 pm #124020

How old are you 2?

Chlo
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 4:11 pm #124171

We are under 18. Not giving more age information.

goldengrl
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 11:51 pm #124205

How old are you two?

Chlo
    Participant
    January 24, 2017 at 1:31 pm #124270

We are under 18

aguy123
    Participant
    January 27, 2017 at 4:39 pm #124812

If you are over 16, i don’t understand why would you need an approval from his mother. I think that his mom just wants to see him as her little baby and doesn’t like the fact that he isn’t a 10y old boy anymore, maybe she fears you will take him away from her(or his family is religious and they are usually very conservative about these things).

If you are over 16 i don’t see a reason why you couldn’t spend time together, just don’t get pregnant if you have sex, that would be really stupid at your age. He should be the one standing up for what he wants, if he needs to ask his mother or father for a permission to date someone then he isn’t mature enough for a relationship

Chlo
    Participant
    January 28, 2017 at 10:15 am #124844

He is asking for advice not to date.

Chlo
    Participant
    February 1, 2017 at 12:49 pm #125332

My closest friend is a guy and he wants us to be together but he says he just isn’t ready. We have talked about when we’ll say I Love You and when we’ll start hugging and holding hands. His dad has said that we have to make sure my mom approves before we do anything. His dad completely likes us being together and liking each other but his mom doesn’t like him talking to girls whatsoever. She keeps giving us death glares and I feel awkward around her but I love him too much. I know him and his dad are trying to get through to her but I don’t know if that will happen? Has anyone ever experienced this or know what to do? How fast should me and him move? He says his grandma didn’t like it but then he got through to her and now she agrees. I just don’t want to mess up his families relationship just because we want to be together. But what should we do?
    UPDATE: he said he loved me and i said I loved him too. He gave me a side hug and he always opens the doors for me.

Sue315
    Sue315
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 7:51 am #125393

Sounds like are too young for anything more. If you live with your parents you need their approval. Be friends,it will come with time and by then your parents will all know each other and you. You are very young.although,I realize you wont think that. Good luck.

Chlo
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 11:57 am #127974
    Reply To: His mother hates us

HELP!