His stepdad tried to commit, and my ex broke up with me without telling me why

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 11:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zhavia20
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 8:05 am #166078

I’ve been dating this guy for about 5 months & we are each other’s first love. We’d been living with each other in my uni accommodation for the past few months, & out of nowhere he took all his things & essentially moved out without giving any explanation. He was being very distant & wouldn’t answer any of my calls/texts. 2 weeks later he told me that his stepdad had tried to commit suicide – I was shocked & wanted to support him during this time, I tried to call/text occasionally, but I got no response. Another 2 weeks passed & I hadn’t heard from him still. At this point I’d had enough & called him on my friends phone where he angrily answered. I asked him what was going on, & he said I should’ve figured out that we had broken up. He gave me no explanation & I feel confused & hurt. It’s now been 2 weeks since that phone call, & in total over 1.5 months since he moved out. I want to be with him, but his communication is terrible which is unlike him. I have no idea what’s going on.

zhavia20
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 8:09 am #166079

* continued*

He has some of my things which means I will be able to see him, but I don’t know when/how to ask for them back, because I really want to be with him but feel like I’m waking on eggshells. I feel like it’s an unfinished story with him – I don’t understand why he is angry with me, or why he won’t talk to me. He’s recently blocked me on social media, and in general won’t answer any calls I make on my number. I want an explanation from him, but I’m scared that by asking or even talking to him will ruin my chances of getting back with him.

I want to know what’s going on. I want to why he’s treated me like this, because it is so unlike him.

I want answers. How do I get through to him? Help! 🙁 x