hit it and quit it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

hit it and quit it?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlockBurger34
    BlockBurger34
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm #15841
    hit it and quit it?

I’m not looking for anything serious but I went out on a couple dates with a really nice guy, after a few drinks at the bar we went back to my place. After spending a night together he made the effort to grab some coffee and breakfast the next day where we sat in the living room watching some tv.
    The twist is I txt him that night about something random, no reply. At first, ok not a big deal. then, 2 days later I text him to see how he was doing and no reply either! He seriously just dropped communication out of nowhere.

I’m a 27 year old guy, not that bad looking and from what I remember we had a great time when he spent the night. Is this still happening late-20s to others? I feel like my story is out of a college notebook.

chipdip
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 11:06 am #16246

Wow, that’s never happened to me but I can see where you’re left with a ton of ??? The closest thing I can say that’s relevant is when I went on a date with a guy he chose not to text me after we went out a couple times. We never slept over at each other’s place but it was weird we hit it off and he said he was having a good time too.

Guess you can’t do anything about it really.

eitherhere
    eitherhere
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 4:11 pm #16376

maybe its different for gay guys, but for women, this happens *all the time.* it basically means that he doesn’t want anything serious w you. nothing u can do but accept it

BlockBurger34
    BlockBurger34
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 10:33 am #16759

Yea I’m not going to purse this guy anymore just curious if anyone had a similar experience. I was pretty baffled at the time I wrote the original post, just blew my mind.

Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm #17082

I’ve had a lot of the opposite, which I think is common. I’ve slept with someone I knew briefly and they just cling on way too fast, it’s overwhelming!

stevie
    stevie
    Participant
    November 25, 2012 at 12:50 pm #17182

Maybe all he was after is a night of fun or it could be he is already involved with someone and a night with you could of been something as simple as him wanting to explore the waters. I wouldn’t take it personally since you don’t know his M.O.

whatno
    whatno
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 5:43 am #17734

I’m a pretty old guy. I went through that a lot when I was younger. I’ve spent the night with many guys who decided they weren’t gay anymore. Whether or not it’s because of me – i dunno.

However, now that I’m getting old, I’d like something more meaningful. A relationship that can end until I die would be great. However; it’s easier said than done.

kris99999999943
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 6:22 pm #151030

There are many girls wanting to do that but lets be real only when youre young

kybaby27
    Participant
    September 30, 2017 at 9:46 am #151046

I am learning the same things for myself. Unfortunately, some people are not upfront and honest about their feelings on dating situations at first. I do believe he maybe was still feeling things out and didn’t want to say anything that would turn you off and make YOU not interested in him in case he started feeling for you. You did make an effort to reach out to him. He did see that… He chose not to respond. Unfortunately I do not think he has enough interest in your situation together. You could try contacting one more time, but I would say after that, don’t bother.