Hit The Road Poll

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Hit The Road Poll

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 27, 2013 at 6:25 pm #27100
    Hit The Road Poll

Okay this is a poll to see if I should hit the road and stop posting on this site. Its just come to my attention that Carlycatz and probably several others on here are resentful of me for hogging the forum over the past few weeks and spoiling all their fun. And believe me I completely understand this and I hold no ill will towards these people. After all, if I’m going to give such lengthy and thorough responses I should probably just start my own advice site. A forum is simply not the place for expert advice, it’s a place where everyone can offer their support and throw in their two cents worth, which is hard to do if the person before you just threw in ten dollars.
    Anyway just write “stay” or “go” in your reply. And don’t worry, I wont take it at all personally and you wont hurt my feelings in any way, not even if you made grossly incorrect assumptions about my character and attitude as Carly did. :)The bottom line is a forum should be a democracy and if someone is bothering everyone else, even if unintended, he should probably go. And I certainly don’t want to step on any toes. By the way, I don’t actually talk anything like this in real life. This is just my writing style (duh!).

YvonneG
    YvonneG
    Participant
    March 28, 2013 at 6:20 pm #27238

Just write what you feel, people are asking for advice and a few tips from strangers so if you’re doing the same on other forums you might be helping at least SOMEONE out there. You can be whoever you want to be online, sadly. But unless you’re going against any forum rules I don’t see why you can’t reply to people…

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 29, 2013 at 2:44 pm #27332

Yvonne,

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. The truth is though I already had one foot out the door before I even started this poll and I think that in the interest of fairness I really need to step aside. After all, from almost the moment I started posting on here I noticed a severe decline in the numbers of posts from others on the forum. It seemed I was always beating everyone to the punch and that nobody wanted to follow up behind me. I knew that this would breed resentment towards me at that eventually someone would pop their cork over it. In fact I even knew who would be most likely to blow a gasket first. Anyway I eventually confirmed my suspicions by starting some polls on relatable topics in an attempt to get people talking. You see, I knew that if nobody responded at all it meant that they either couldn’t stand me, were intimidated by me, or both. Unfortunately I had become so addicted to advice giving by that time that I just couldn’t help myself.
    By the way, the reason I write in the first place is because I really enjoy it, and I when I post what I write online its because I’m hoping that others might enjoy reading it. But if I know that my writing is annoying a lot of people on a particular site, well, quite frankly it just takes all the fun out of it for me And, believe it or not, I can actually see how some might find my writing annoying at times. After all when I write I often come off sounding a lot like Frasier, in all his pomposity, which is odd because in real life I sound more like Brendan Faser, or at least one of his goofy characters. I guess when writing I’m just trying to be a real wordsmith, but in person I’m just trying to make people laugh and put them at ease. And I have to admit I’m also a huge flirt.
    Anyway its time to step aside and give some others a bite at the apple. In fact I can see that things are already getting back to normal around here and its only been 48 hours since I stopped giving advice.
    Thanks again though and best of luck to you.