Holiday Romance…Can it lead to anything?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

OverthinkingGuy101
    Participant
    June 26, 2016 at 11:17 am #104097

I went on holiday 3 weeks ago and I bumped into a girl on the first day and introduced myself etc as the week went on we met up alot more spending days together then eventually spending the last night together. In my mind I knew a holiday romance don’t usually work so I was ok with it..at first. When it came to the final day we got chatting alot at the airport and it kicked in to me how much I liked her whilst also thinking…is this really going to be able to work? I got her number at the airport and her facebook. We have sent the odd message maybe 1 or 2 a day to each other..but obviously not the same as on holiday. The thing that bothers me is that I can’t get her off my mind! I have never been so into a girl before like this and I really want to explain how I feel but without ot being a random cringy message…but I feel I have to say something otherwise it will keep bothering me. She lives about 90 miles away from me, do I tell her how I feel and if so how without being creepy?

king_gbun
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 4:11 pm #104249

Do what feels right man if she’s really important

jblondonite
    Participant
    June 30, 2016 at 2:58 am #104273

If you feel that spark, you’ve gotta pursuit it.

MelissaB
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 2:26 pm #104315

I know some holiday romances that have lasted months/years. Go for it! It doesn’t sound like this will be a flop because, as you said, you were chatting up until the day day of your vacation : )

heyguyz
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 6:45 am #104366

90 miles isn’t that far. I was thinking you meant another country! If you like her, tell her how you feel and see if she wants to pursue it. If you are both that into each other, you can try and find a way to make it work.

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 1:00 pm #104388

relationships can start many different ways. This could be the start of a new relationship. As far as messaging her about how you feel, I would delay that. You need to learn more about her by message and by phone. Have engaging conversations with each other. The reason why holiday romances don’t work is because when people believe they most likely will not see the other person again…. they pretend to be someone they are not, either to impress or to live out a fantasy. That being said, you must get to know each other. Once you know more about her, at that point start telling her how you feel. In addition, if you get to know each other by the time you talk to her she may then want a relationship with you.