honest opinions on a guy ive fallen for

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kellycat
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 1:44 pm #68846

I met a guy recently who i have fallen for hard..we’ve met up about 6 times at his house and we get on like a house on fire..up until a couple of weeks ago he was texting me all day everyday and also ringing me quite a lot..a couple of times hes said hes wanted a relationship with me and then the next day told me to ignore what hes said as “he doesnt know what he wants”…last weekend he stayed at my house for four days which has messed my head up as thats not the kind of thing someone does if there not interested in you,is it?..this week in a text he told me not to get attached as he wasnt boyfriend material and he liked to play the field…now i know he’d definitely give all that up for the right girl…so why not me!?…his texts are getting less and less and the ones he does send i’m getting quite hurt as its like hes trying to push me away or reinmforce that we are just friends!..feeling so hurt like im not good enough for him…what should i do?

girlonfire
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 11:43 pm #68857

Sounds exactly like a guy I used to know. I have experience with guys like this and what worked for me was to be honest and tell them how you feel. The guy was not texting me as much and being distant after showing so much interest before. It was a relief for me when I asked him straight out”are you still interested or not” and “are you not as interested?” He replied with a vague answer, but that was a enough for me to tell him “I don’t think we should communicate as much anymore and not see each other for a while. I still want to be friends and in contact, but I need to focus on my stuff I got going on.” That honestly, was the best thing i could have said and it worked because I got over him, him and I are still friends (he contacted me first), and there are no feelings. I have zero regrets.

I would recommend just plain out asking him and going about it like I did. Its kind of how you have to do it with certain types of guys.

kellycat
    Participant
    December 8, 2014 at 7:04 am #68861

Well i know theres a couple of girls he really fancies and i know he’d leap at the chance at a relationship with them!lookswise i’m totally the opposite of what he’d go for+im also older than him and he said he’d never go out with an older woman…i feel that up until a couple of weeks ago he was possibly maybe falling for me with all the texts and calls but somethings made him change his mind…another thing that doesnt strike me as good is that he doesnt give me any compliments

gigglesandsmiles
    Participant
    December 13, 2014 at 10:00 pm #69140

I would just say move on from him. If he is giving you the run around like that and making you confused, you definitely deserve better! Seems like he’s playing games. :/