Hot and Cold

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Hot and Cold

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 1:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nattie05
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 12:00 am #134538
    Hot and Cold

A few years ago there was a guy I was close to…we had the same group of friends and went out casually. Anytime he tried to date me and say how much he liked me, I wasn’t in the right place for a relationship. He understood and we remained friends. I eventually got into a relationship and engaged and had a baby girl. A few months later the guy from my past messaged me saying how he loved seeing me so happy (even though at this point my fiancé and I had begun to fall apart)…months later my fiancé and I broke up. A few months ago the guy from my past and I ran into each other and hit it off like old times. We’ve been talking ever since and he said how much he wished things were different and how if he were given the chance to change it he would… since then when he wants to talk to me or hang out, it is great but when I try to make the effort he acts distant. When I called him out on it he says he has a lot on his plate. Do you think I’m over thinking it or need to move on?

bpelectric
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 8:58 am #134570

I do think that you should move on. It seems like this guy has an issue with commitment.

Louie97
    Participant
    April 29, 2017 at 2:56 pm #134931

mhmmm. In my opinion this guy seems as though he truly cares for you seeing that despite you being with your fiance he demonstrated a genuine respectability for your happiness. Plus, he respected your wishes to remain friends until you were in the right place instead of demanding a relationship..that says a lot about his character. However, as bpelectrc said I do detect that he is fearful of committing to you..probably due to fear of things not working out between you two. I’d say give him sometime to work on his issues and if he comes around great but if he doesn’t; move on because you shouldn’t have to chase a guy.