Hot and cold. Did I cross a line?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 12:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LittleLost
    Participant
    April 25, 2018 at 11:49 am #171631

So I just started talking to a girl on tinder, and we have really hit it off.
    We were messaging for a long time on the Thursday we matched, and all weekend. I think she is hilarious and we both enjoyed chatting. After a while I asked when she would like to meet, she said she couldn’t until the weekend after next. She knew this was a while off, and not ideal, but said she didn’t want to start things the wrong way by commiting to a time and date she might not be able to stick too.
    We agreed that was the best way to do It, we talked a little more then I made a stupid joke about her inviting me to her bed. She didn’t respond. Around an hour later I messaged to say goodnight and she didn’t respond. The next morning I noticed she had read my messages but not replied. I messaged again yesterday and she hasn’t even read it.
    Should I wait and try again in 2-3 days? Or should I be making a genuine apology as soon as possible for my stupid joke?

dretry
    Participant
    April 25, 2018 at 1:05 pm #171654

No apology, for some reason that loses women even more. I would go ahead and try again in three days because if she responds then, then you are fine but if not it’s time to move on.