Hot mess

Author
    Comments
  • Coconutty
    Coconutty
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 5:31 pm #112532
    Hot mess

So let me start by saying ive always struggled with my insecurities as does everyone but mine go a little deep. I know its pretty common but I hate it. I’m jealous, needy, emotional, sensitive but also great qualities too and I never have a problem being in a happy relationship. I recently discovered that my boyfriend of 2 years who I own a house with was flirting/sexting on social media with another woman. Caught him. We’ve tried to get past this. He gave me complete access to his accounts to prove he means what he says. I occasionally check in but I find myself digging…like way too deep. Being hurt by him liking girls selfies…. he told me he wanted me to feel like the only girl in the world and most times he does but then when i find his likes it gets to me big time… ive brought it up and it was addressed and i was told not to over react so i feel like i cant continue to mention it without pushing him away but it doesnt make me feel special at all. Am i over reacting?

Coconutty
    Coconutty
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 5:34 pm #112534

By being in a happy relationship I mean always worrying theyll find someone better. I dont ever feel good enough. My boyfriend isnt the most sexual person either so having to beg for sex if its more than once in a blue moon and then finding him talking to someone else like he wanted better certainly doesnt help but honestly with or without that having happened ive always been this way. I snoop. I dig. Maybe i self sabotage? I feel unhappy because i feel like hes unhappy. I rely on him for happiness because his moods instantly change mine but thats the kind of person I am 🙁

mackenzierayburn
    Participant
    September 27, 2016 at 11:46 pm #112672

You might be overreacting, but he has proven unfaithful in the past.

SnitchSeeker07
    Participant
    October 3, 2016 at 9:14 am #112933

I feel you completely, but I guess you always need an outsiders perspective. You might be overacting a little. Maybe something you could try to do is give him his privacy and let him know you are willing to trust him. And just by the way, I know this sounds cheesy, but try not to let others define you. He is with you after all so there must something you have that other girls don’t. Be confident and believe in yourself!

AdamK014
    Participant
    October 3, 2016 at 9:30 am #113000

Tbh I think you maybe over reacting. I say this because that’s what social media is supposed to be for right? So you can like people’s stuff ? I mean as long as he’s not sexxting them or flirting with them, take comfort that you truly are all he wants. You chose to give him the second chance. So now let him prove it

leofcb
    Participant
    October 3, 2016 at 3:45 pm #113082

If he has given you access to his accounts that says a lot. I did that to my last girlfriend who had past issues with cheating men. I think it was my way of trying to just put myself out there and say to her that she had nothing to worry about and that I wanted to be completely open and honest with her to gain her trust.

Unfortunately, she started to use preemptive strikes and sabotage the relationship. Don’t be that person that struggles with that kind of stuff. Trust that are capable of being loved and know that you are worth a lot and highly valuable. There is only one you in this world, you are a hot commodity. Haha.

In all seriousness, communicate what you need and sit and talk with him and share with one another.